How often do you weigh?

Options

Replies

• chinalouyuen
    chinalouyuen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am going to be weighing myself every Sun so I can track my progress and see if all the effort I have put in over the week has been worth it!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    daily naked in the morning after toilet before breakfast.

I plug the numbers into a phone app called Libra that does a weighted average trend line through them and calculates the trend weight loss and calorie deficit.
  • VeeJon
    VeeJon Posts: 27
    Options
    Once a month....the first day of every month....I used to get depressed with the constant fluctuation week to week and it would cause me to not want to keep going......Once a month is just right for me!
  • jlong7774
    jlong7774 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Usually in the morning every day.
  • Swarlos37
    Swarlos37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Depends, every week, sometimes every month.
  • Stasha17
    Stasha17 Posts: 28
    Options
    Entirely too much! Like seriously everyday, every morning and afternoon and after workouts. "Hello my name is Stasha and I'm addicted to weighing myself".
    So I have decided this morning I am giving my scale to a friend, whos lives on the other side of town and only weighting myself once a week. Wish me luck #addict
  • misspiglet71
    Options
    every Friday
  • angelaclassact
    angelaclassact Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Once a week, sometimes a mid-week check.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Every day, twice a day. I sometimes even find myself weighing in the middle of the night when I get up to use the washroom! hahaha I don't know why...but when I see the scale I have to jump on. Like some miracle is going to happen in the last few hours where I suddenly lost a gazillion pounds! LMAO
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning before getting in the shower - Every day. I know this is not good but I only log my weight once a week on Friday morning. That way if I go over on the weekend, I have all week to make up for it. I take my measurements the first Friday of every month.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I think it's best that I don't have a scale, otherwise I'd weigh myself every 5 minutes.
    I have to go to the gym to weigh myself on their fancy scale...
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    Every morning. I expect fluctuations, even as much as 4lbs, so they don't effect me much, and it makes me more aware of how different things effect my body. Plus, if I wait a full week or more and then don't have any loss it is really discouraging.
  • Gergal73
    Gergal73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I only log numbers once a month. I can't weigh everyday or the scale induces temper tantrums and I'm way too old to be kicking and screming in front of people! :laugh: :tongue:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I've tried a lot of variations and found what works best for me is to get on the scale every other day.
    Interesting idea...I'll consider it! Thanks for sharing :)MinMin
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I only log numbers once a month. I can't weigh everyday or the scale induces temper tantrums and I'm way too old to be kicking and screming in front of people! :laugh: :tongue:
    It's good to known one's own strengths and weaknesses!!! :laugh: :devil:
  • Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    Options
    I tried the once weekly thing recently, but that didn't work for me. I weigh daily, but don't freak out if it fluctuates a little.
  • musicianbob
    musicianbob Posts: 12
    Options
    I see value in weighing everyday to keep you aware of your true weight. But the only one I really track is on Saturday morning, like most people before I shower and nakie after the potty. ;) With that said, I also "fast" on the Friday before so when I weigh in I am much more "normalized" than if I eat the day before. For example, different foods weigh physically different than others; some more fiber, etc etc. I also stop drinking fluids at a consistent time every Friday night so I can make it all as consistent as possible. Through my years of weight loss/gain, working out/shedding overall weight, I have noticed that those days where I get on the scale and I'm like WTF I gained 3 pounds!!!?!?? that it is has been due to excess sodium (holding water) and eating heavy foods that sit in the tummy for a long time (and are there when I weight in).

Just my .02$. Bob
    good luck!
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily when I wake up after a bathroom call, I want to weigh in at Basic Empty Weight. ;) Generally at the same time too, around 5am.
  • Carrmaduke
    Carrmaduke Posts: 42
    Options
    At least twice a day. :glasses:
  • julzf30
    julzf30 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been weighing myself once a week for the past month and I have lost about 6 pounds (about two pounds a week) and that seems to be working great for me. I'd used to get so stressed weighing myself every morning and when I'd get stressed I wouldn't see results.

Hope this helps:)