Women, bras!

Options

Replies

• oneemma
    oneemma Posts: 1
    Options
    The most important thing is to be fit by someone that knows what they are doing. Depending on how you are built different designs and brands are going to fit you better. Remember as you lose weight you will need to be refit , we all change size in different ways.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i get mine from La senza

also when you find a bra you like,you should wash it by hand and let it air dry
    or get one of those special garment bags for the washing machine,then hang to dry
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of this! I've bought a few from VS and find the most annoying problem - the sides of my boobs - which aren't at all flabby - seem to pooch out from over the top toward my shoulders. I spent a really long time measuring in the fitting room & I just don't understand it. I very rarely wear a bra in the first place because all I need is a shelf bratop for support, but I would like to look like a Grown Up sometimes, so thanks for all the ideas! :heart:
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I generally have a hard time finding bras. I have a smaller frame and a bigger chest (36D) and for some reason the straps and the closure are always too big although the cups are the right size, so I have little to no support I usually end up tightening and sewing the dam thing back together myself :grumble: .
  • DianatheRed
    DianatheRed Posts: 41
    Options
    I used to give bra fittings...you would be amazed at how different a woman's actual size is from the size she "has been wearing for years". Go to someone that knows what she is doing and have her measure you. Then you have to try on the bras to find the one you like--our girls are all different and the brands/styles vary GREATLY.
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I wear almost exclusively Victoria's Secret. For "sexy" bras, I prefer the "Sexy Little Things" line. For comfort and utility, I prefer the Biofit or the Body by Victoria. I'm a 38D-DD so I need lots of support with very little padding. My favorite is probably the biofit. It's so comfortable. I have a few SLT bras that are super sexy but still supportive, too. Honestly, for support if you're a D+, you have to splurge. I also own several from Frederick's of Hollywood, which caters to, um, "blessed" ladies like myself. They offer some additional coverage so I don't fall out when i'm being more active.

Although, honestly, if I could I would just live in a sports bra. It just doesn't do anything flattering for my figure.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret BioFit...I have 5 of them (including a strapless). I have never found a bra I loved so much!

This, right here!!
    Biofit is hands down the best bra I have EVER worn. most comfortable push-up ever!
    VS is totally worth the money to feel sexy and comfortable, but that being said, I only own 3 VS bras, and they're all basic black or nude.... ): I need more money! lol
    Im going to have to get a few...Im all for anything that will push these B's up and give me some cleavage
  • rachielyon
    rachielyon Posts: 56
    Options
    I used to buy Victoria's Secret bras when I was a 32/34 DD. However, now I only buy bras from lane bryant because they're the only shop in my area who sell "normal" bras for the extended sizes. I'm a 38 G right now, and I can tell you that if your underwire is breaking through the fabric it is usually from washing improperly or it's not the right style for you. Sometimes if you're body is putting a lot of pressure on the curve of the wire, it constantly puts pressure on the fabric. Makes sense. But, it doesn't always mean you're wearing the wrong size. Also, if you're like the majority of women, your body is definitely not the same now as it was at 15. You should get a soft tape measure and measure yourself. Most online sites offer a size chart and tells you how and where to measure so you can figure out your correct size. The band should be tight, but not causing your skin to bulge or be beet red, and the cup should be full, but not overflowing on the top/sides/or bottom. Also, the band is what should be providing most of your support, the straps should not be digging in to your shoulders, and should also not be falling off. All of these things listed are signs that you may be wearing the wrong size. I haven't had a problem with the wire poking through in a long time unless the bra is just old and has been washed/dried a lot. Now I hang dry everything. Hopefully this isn't too rant-ish!!! PS-I know Vic. Sec. can be pricey but it's worth it!!!
  • MrsBrit2007
    MrsBrit2007 Posts: 161
    Options
    Most Playtex bras work for me. I'm currently pregnant and now a size 36E, but before getting pregnant I was a 36DD, and I need the support of an underwire.
    The Playtex All Over Support bra is one of my favorites because it lifts and separates and the thick straps don't hurt my shoulders. :)
  • beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I totally hate bras. As soon as I walk in the door, mine comes off. They are the most uncomfortable things ever invented!!!!. If I can ever get away without wearing one I do.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'm a Victoria's Secret girl. I prefer their Angels line. I get the push up or the demi. I have 4 of the push up and 2 of the demi. lol I also have an Incredible, for when I want the girls to be extra big (it adds 2 cup sizes lol), but I don't wear it often at all. lol I also got a new sport bra from Victoria's Secret Sport & I LOVE it. It's called the Runway. It is AWESOME!
  • rachielyon
    rachielyon Posts: 56
    Options
    OH! And for any ladies who are looking for the BEST SPORTS BRA you have ever worn (if you like underwires and are *huge* chested like me) The molded underwire sports bra by Marika Miracles is the best sports bra I have ever worn. I have tried on a LOT, but because of my chest size, I have not found anyone with a sports bra that fits me. This bra ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! It keeps the girls perky and pretty, and where they belong....NO UNIBOOB! It's also convertible from straight straps to X in the back style. I have 2 of them and they're the only thing I can work out in and not feel like my "girls" are making a scene haha. I've even jogged in it, so trust me when I say this bra is amazing!!!
  • falamoyacrava
    falamoyacrava Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Is it that the underwire pokes you? or that it's coming out of its lining? If it comes out of the lining it actually means the bra is too big (counter intuitive, I know)... but it breaks through from the friction of the bra moving because it doesn't fit snuggly... If the underwire is just poking you, try a demi bra... the underwires on those are smaller.

Oh wow, is that true? I actually didn't know that! The underwire comes out of my bras all the time!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    my underwires poke out after awhile but i dont think my bras are too big :/

i think they're just too cheap.
  • falamoyacrava
    Options
    I have to buy bras for big boobies (36GG - and just did that Linda's Room thing and it says I'm an H.... and here I was thinking my boobs were shrinking a bit!!) but I buy from Freya, Fantasie and Panache. Have to say the Panache are the most comfy at the beginning and seem to be the more durable. It's hard for big boobs to not stretch bras easily, I find!
  • wlddove
    wlddove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Is it that the underwire pokes you? or that it's coming out of its lining? If it comes out of the lining it actually means the bra is too big (counter intuitive, I know)... but it breaks through from the friction of the bra moving because it doesn't fit snuggly... If the underwire is just poking you, try a demi bra... the underwires on those are smaller.

Its breaking though the fabric. No matter what bra I find. (We dont have VS here, but I can look online!) So im sure my bras arent greatly made.

And the underwire breaks though on both ends... Its not only middle, but sometimes its poking into my side, sometimes its into my chest... Its annoying.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not, but ever since I stopped drying my bras in the dryer, I haven't had any of the underwires break through on me. Just thought I'd mention it, in case that could be the case in your situation.
  • falamoyacrava
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not, but ever since I stopped drying my bras in the dryer, I haven't had any of the underwires break through on me. Just thought I'd mention it, in case that could be the case in your situation.

I don't have a dryer so know that can't be the reason my underwires attack me!
  • Brieve29
    Brieve29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know several people mentioned about getting measured but it is an excellent idea to get measured by someone else. If you have a specialty bra shop in your area I would go there to get fitted :)

This sounds strange but my favorite bra is an Izod brand bra. I typically go to either Macy's or Belk and grab a bunch of different styled bras and try them all on. If they aren't comfortable they go in the no pile, if they are comfortable I put them in the maybe pile. After trying them all on, I go through the maybe pile and try them all on again. Any doubt about a bra, I toss it to the no pile. I've learned over the years all the bra companies seem to change every so often and so do the fit, so it's best just to try them all on at once lol.
  • llw1013
    llw1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I totally hate bras. As soon as I walk in the door, mine comes off. They are the most uncomfortable things ever invented!!!!. If I can ever get away without wearing one I do.

Me too!!!
    I don't have much luck with VS bras. My current faves are Lilyette and Bali....the back -smoothing ones.
    The Moving Comfort Maia is good for working out.
  • MrsBrit2007
    MrsBrit2007 Posts: 161
    Options
    Great suggestion about the dryer! And, it may help if you hand wash your bras instead of putting them in the washing machine. I've noticed a big difference since I started doing that.