Ballparking a dinner out

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Attending a rehearsal dinner tonight and will have limited control over the options. I'd like to save up some calories so I can enjoy it. But how many? I am thinking 800-950 and to still eat moderately. Any other thoughts?
Leslie

Replies

• riadastfu
    riadastfu Posts: 69
    My personal plan would be:

- Skip the booze and dessert (unless fruit)
    - Limit sauces/avoid creamy sauces
    - Skip appetizers
    - Eat slowly
    - Save up on willpower! :bigsmile:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Depends entirely on where you go and what and how much you eat.

I would ballpark 1000-1500 if I was going to a restaurant.
  • shakenit
    shakenit Posts: 10
    Oh my that is daunting as 1500 is my daily allowance but that may be quite accurate. I won't drink (driving so that is easy) or do multiple courses and will just see how it goes. Next time I'll try to target 1000 "in the bank" for a meal out. I almost never go out so it's an infrequent issue! Thanks.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I go out pretty frequently, so here's what I do:

Restaurants (especially chain restaurants) serve huge portions. I eat half. Even if the calorie count is 1200 or more, half of that is not bad at all. I don't usually eat the bread (or at least I don't eat tons of it) and I don't get an appetizer. I drink water or unsweetened tea.

You can also pay attention to what you are getting - you can skip the fried foods and heavy sauces, and go for something lighter like grilled chicken. Get a green vegetable or salad as your side dish.

And if you do go over, try eating a little less over the next couple of days. (Not starving yourself, but just a little to offset it.)

But honestly if it's an uncommon thing, don't even worry about it. One big meal is not going to hurt your progress.