fighting cookie cravings!

Options
So I eat very healthy and exercise 5 days a week. The only thing I do fail at is resisting the urge to eat cookies! I eat maybe one a day thats about 60 cal so its not alot but it always takes alot to not eat more than one. Any tips to help me??

Replies

• anunknownmouse
    Options
    What's wrong with eating a cookie a day if it fits into your macros?
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i cut out cookies for the most part and just switched to clif bars. clif bar + 9 seconds in microwave = cookie that you just eat one of.
  • chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    eat your cookie whilst your naked in front of the mirror!! take the packet up with you... if you can look at yourself whilst you eat them - then you probably deserve them :)
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I fit cookies into my diet. I just make sure to portion them out and log them. But I have switched to eating other things too. Baby steps until it becomes a habit!
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I know for me it's harder to eat just one cookie than it is to eat NO cookies. Right now I just cannot have them in my house without overeating. Hopefully some day that will change!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i had a cookie with my half sandwich and salad at lunch it was NOM NOM NOMZY
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Give yourself negative reinforcement, like everytime BEFORE you eat a cookie you have to do 15 push ups and drink 2 cups of water
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe Chocolatey Cats Cookies for People.

More about chocolate than about sweet. 15 cookies (I split it up to 3 groups of 5 throughout the day) 110 cal and 9g of sugar.

It's a sweet treat, but not a trigger food for me.

I do so love Trader Joe's Peppermint Joe-Joe's ... But can't ever control myself when it comes to serving size. I'm better off staying away from trigger foods. But don't feel guilty about snacks that fit into my calories budget once I've gotten all my nutrition in.
    (I think it actually helps me stay on track, if I deprive too much I'll get frustrated and do far more damage.)
  • auntiebabs
    Options
    I fit cookies into my diet. I just make sure to portion them out and log them. But I have switched to eating other things too. Baby steps until it becomes a habit!
    ^^this^^
  • auntiebabs
    Options
    I know for me it's harder to eat just one cookie than it is to eat NO cookies. Right now I just cannot have them in my house without overeating. Hopefully some day that will change!
    ^^and this^^
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with eating a cookie a day if it fits into your macros?

^^^ agreed. I like cookies so I eat them ;)
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I deal with my cookie cravings by eating 8 dark chocolate Quadritini wafers at night. They are only 140 cal. and are great chilled!
  • fatboypup
    Options
    October-11-2011-23-17-17-346427.jpeg
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Go to the store, buy a pack, while you are at it, grab a box of snack size baggies. Go home, portion the cookies into the snack baggies - only eating 1 alotted portion while doing so. Place into a sealed container and put into pantry. Now - go plan your meals out and make sure to include a portion a day. Now, when you don't eat them you will have to find something else to fit into their place. You can fit them into your daily calories, just plan for it and have the willpower to only have that 1 portion.

I gave up sweets for lent - it did me more harm than good - I gained about 7 pounds! If I had just had that 1 sweet (usually a small cookie, or peppermint pattie, or other bite size chocolates), I would not have had those 2 servings of pretzels, or that entire bag of popcorn, and some of the other things that were basically 3 and 4 times more calories (or more), more carbs and definitely higher sodium. My substitutes for the sweets were not the fruits (when I did that I missed my other sweets more) or veggies, I wanted a "cheat" snack! My choices were a lot worse than they would have been.

So, I say have your cookie and enjoy - just log it!
  • fatboypup
    Options
    goto the store get a pack off all the new kinds of oreos eat all of em get sick and if you still like cookies its ment to be lol ....... mmmmmm cookie binge!
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    October-11-2011-23-17-17-346427.jpeg

goto the store get a pack off all the new kinds of oreos eat all of em get sick and if you still like cookies its ment to be lol ....... mmmmmm cookie binge!

I think I love you, hahahahha!

Have any of you ever had Insomnia Cookies?
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I have one cookie about every other day (sometimes every day). I cannot resist the Trader Joe's Gingeroos.

I just figure the calories into my daily goal. It is hard for me to not eat another one, but I just drink a bunch of water or pop a listerene breath strip to get rid of the craving for another one.