Sore bod question ??

Options
Hi all,

Day two of 30 days shred and my legs are seizing up...should i stretch wud that help ?? Im struggling to come down the stairs !!! I have no clu how i will get thru tmrw !! xxx

Replies

• cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Me too! My legs are so tight. After day 1, I also walked for about 20 minutes...which seemed to help me. I plan on walking again today. Add me if you like and we can help eachother out =) Good luck!
  • Wclassystephanie
    Options
    my boyfriends wrestling trainer told him the day after a hard workout relax and do something easy because you have to give your bodies soreness time to rest and help grow the muscle...
  • monomyrmaad
    monomyrmaad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You should do light workout maybe walk a while and then stretch as much as you can.
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options
    Thanks everyone......have done some stretching and will try to walk a bit more. Having a massage tmrw so that might help !! Cait i have added u
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I like to do an easy spin on my bike when I feel this way. Just try something light, you will feel beter as you move your muscles.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Tight muscles are usually a sign of not enough stretching. Always stretch AFTER exercise - stretching a cold muscle is an invitation to injury.
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options
    Tight muscles are usually a sign of not enough stretching. Always stretch AFTER exercise - stretching a cold muscle is an invitation to injury.

Do u mean more stretching before and after workout ? i just follow the stuff on the dvd should i be doing more than that ?
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there's not much you can do when it comes to being sore. You are on day 2 of your program so it's expected. Just be patient, your body will adjust.
  • joe7880
    joe7880 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think potassium rich foods (bananas) could help also.
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options
    Unfortunately, there's not much you can do when it comes to being sore. You are on day 2 of your program so it's expected. Just be patient, your body will adjust.

thanku....so long as i know im not doing more harm than good ill persevere. Just wish i didnt live in a house with stairs !! lol. Ta for the add
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    eat potassium rich foods....
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    sorry, didnt see the earlier post...
  • mydestinyb
    mydestinyb Posts: 1
    Options
    your body, could be needing mor H20; protein or nutrients; to seize up to this extend after just starting might mean you are going to hard to fast or that you may need more of a warm up/cool down period. Use real science not gym science to attain your goal. Make sure the information is right for you and not just generic plan.
  • jakay_f
    jakay_f Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm on day two. i took a day off and did some yoga and went back to it today. good it know this is super common
  • getfitbesexy
    Options
    Aid your body in re-building the muscles you just tore down by doing some light cardio training to get your blood pumping and lymphatic systems moving, this aids the lactic acid to flush out of your system. If it's only your lower body in pain, use this day to train your upper body (vice versa).

Make sure to keep on drinking lots of water through out the day, your muscles are starved for it. The more water your muscles have, the faster they can heal, along with vitamins and supplements. Your muscles are about 75% water ;)

If you don't let your muscles recover and repair, they will continue to break down and you will actually get weaker.

Hope this helps! Keep up the good training! :)