Angry workouts

Options
Do any of you in MFP Land work out when you're pissed off/angry? I am seeing red right now and i haven't worked out in a couple of days due to fatigue. I am worried I might injure myself if I try and lift today. :explode:

Replies

• LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    When I went from walking to jogging, it was because I was angry. I used to say that I took up running because I was trying to run away from what life had dealt me. Now, I say that I am running to see what life gives me. It's all in perspective.

The adrenaline rush usually helped with the anger. I hope what ever is at issue soon passes for you. :flowerforyou:
  • coombsy87
    coombsy87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love doing cardio when I'm angry, keeps me going as if I have something to prove!! Feel so much better about myself after too :)
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i walked for 45 minutes at a fast pace for me once (with my 5 daycare kids in tow) because they were being horrid little monsters and I stepped into the middle of a near fist fight (a 10 year old .. he doesnt come here any more.... was going to punch MY 4 yr old in the face.. cant say i wouldnt have clobbered him had he hit my son) and we walked until I was calm enough to come back and make lunch
  • emmeinde
    emmeinde Posts: 22
    Options
    I would say angry cardio: HELLS YES. Angry strength training: only after you burn most of your anger off with cardio. Weights require control so you don't injure yourself, so if you're too angry to focus it and do the exercises with proper form, I would skip them. I usually pop in a tae bo or kickboxing DVD if I'm really pissed off and let it all out with the sweat.

Hope you can find peace with or without the workout!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Hell Yeah! Kicking boxing bag in living room. I have two teenagers so I use it a lot! One of the best ways to release your anger.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I would say angry cardio: HELLS YES. Angry strength training: only after you burn most of your anger off with cardio. Weights require control so you don't injure yourself, so if you're too angry to focus it and do the exercises with proper form, I would skip them. I usually pop in a tae bo or kickboxing DVD if I'm really pissed off and let it all out with the sweat.

Hope you can find peace with or without the workout!

Ditto. Focus is super important with the weights.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love to box when I've had a bad day. Best stress relief ever!
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    *kitten* IT, lift hard, lift heavy, you should feel better after you are done... :angry:
  • lmtrevin77
    lmtrevin77 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do not like to run, but I find that anger really fuels me and I can run forever. I agree with everyone saying to use it for cardio. Go for it!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah. Some of my best burns!!!!!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Kick Boxing on Monday nights ALWAYS relieves the anger/stress I have from dealing with morons at work
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I do some of my Wii Golds Gym Cardio Boxing - great stress relief!!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    Running is a great way to deal with anger, anxiety, stress, etc. I have to run outside with a loud kick-*kitten* playlist, but that helped me lose a bunch of my weight.
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    I love being pissed off while working out, it makes me push my limits, giving me the best work-outs. Too bad I'm not easily angered. :laugh:
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I run when I'm mad or take long walks.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I love to lift when I'm angry and or do some HIIT on the treadmill. I used to have a heavy bag and punching that thing was very therapeutic!
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    I have done that a couple of times. It really does help to take that frustration out of an inanimate object.. :tongue: Seriously, it helps to clear your head.
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    Defo work for me! I had a session with my PT this morning and I was really annoyed because of an arguement with my boyfriend and it was one of the best workouts I've had for a long time. Try boxing its great to get stuff out!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Working out angry helps me squeeze out those last few reps I need, however I don't get angry often. When I do though.. it makes for an awesome workout! :D
  • nutandbutter
    nutandbutter Posts: 447
    Options
    *kitten* IT, lift hard, lift heavy, you should feel better after you are done... :angry:

Agreed. Take it out on the iron.