I'm pregnant...finally!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! :heart:

I would try to eat enough to maintain your weight, and by the second trimester at least you should add 300 cal. Of course ask your doctor. Even though you don't have an appointment for awhile, you can still call and ask a question. A nurse or the doctor will call you back with the answer. I did that a lot when I had a quick question.
  • ophedian
    ophedian Posts: 78
    Options
    Congrats... that is on my next to do list. :) <looks around to see if wife is watching...>
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! How exciting! I used www.babyfit.com when I was pregnant and really liked it. They have a calorie counter just like MFP and lots of good tips on amounts to eat, etc.

Good luck and enjoy!!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    congratulations, you must be thrilled!
    :flowerforyou:
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!

I really think those are questions you should be asking your doctor...if you are really concerned and can afford to do it, consult a nutritionist who specializes in prenatal nutrition.

(Note: I am not doubting anyones intentions here...but I really believe she needs to get this type of advice from a health care professional)
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Congrats on the pregnancy!

I would call your nurse at your OB office. Even though you don't have an appointment with the Dr. for a little while the nurses can certainly give you that kind of information. I would talk to someone who knows you and your body before getting info. from this site. Not because there isn't good information but a lot of it is opinion and past experience. You need a professional that can give you the information based on your age, height, weight and where you are in your health status.

Here's wishing you a healthy, happy preganancy without morning sickness!!!:drinker:
  • jayme03
    jayme03 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone! I have my first visit with my midwife on the May 5th and I know I can talk to her about all of this. It's just nice to talk to everyone and especially the moms, whom have the best advice ;) I'll keep everyone updated on my progress!! :bigsmile:
  • Rachel89
    Rachel89 Posts: 68
    Options
    Congrats!! That's GREAT!!!!
  • windian
    windian Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    CONGRATS:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so exciting! :happy:

Generally, you should add 200-300 calories to the calories you would need to maintain. Some women look at pregnancy as a license to eat donuts! LOL With the statement "I am eating for two"....I don't know about you, but I don't know many growing fetuses that need donuts! hehe....anyway, an extra yogurt and a couple of pieces of fruit should do the trick for extra "Baby" calories.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so exciting! :happy:

Generally, you should add 200-300 calories to the calories you would need to maintain. Some women look at pregnancy as a license to eat donuts! LOL With the statement "I am eating for two"....I don't know about you, but I don't know many growing fetuses that need donuts! hehe....anyway, an extra yogurt and a couple of pieces of fruit should do the trick for extra "Baby" calories.

Yeah, unfortunately the amount you are required to "overeat" while pregnant is only like a PB&J and glass of milk. Bummer! :laugh:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I would say to just make sure your getting all your food groups.Do not use it as an excuse to pig out like I did haha!!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not trying to get you to move websites but there is a great website specifically designed for pregnant women looking to stay healthy. It is called www.babyfit.com - I really liked it while I was pregnant. It may not have some of the perks this website has but it is geared towards pregnant women and the ladies on there (most of them) ARE pregnant. You can still be on this site as well. O' and it's also free to join. Congrats and Good Luck!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :heart:
  • Rachel89
    Rachel89 Posts: 68
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Hi There! Congratulations!!!

Babyfit.com is a great website geared directly to pregnant women. It also has a way to track your diet and sends e-mails for nutritional and baby need purposes. The membership is also free.

Good luck! And no matter what your diet is like - STAY ACTIVE! It will make all the difference!! Trust me.