sportline sx elite HRM

Options
So, I bought a sportline sx elite HRM at walmart today. I'm thinking it was a cheap impulse buy. I thought with the chest strap it would show a constant HR on the display but it only seems to when I touch my fingers to the display. I cant figure out how to get to the heart rate mode any other way and therefore, can't cycle through to see calories burned. Anyone else have one of these that can help me out or should I just return it immediately?

Oh, also, the sportline website doesn't even list this product!?

Replies

• Taramotto
    Taramotto Posts: 17
    Options
    Well, that was two days ago, now I figured out how to get to HR mode and to see calories burned. Now, if only i could figure out how to clear the data!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    return it and when you can afford it get a polar
  • robinhoward123
    robinhoward123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hit the mode once. Then the rest button until you see the kc. That's your calorie burn. To rest it just hold down the rest button. It took me awhile to figure it out. Lol still don't know what some of the things mean.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    It should all be in the manual that came with it. I had no trouble figuring out how to use mine. I love it!
  • xd2005
    xd2005 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A problem I'm having with the SX is that when I'm done with my exercise and take off the chest strap, it somehow keeps recognizing a heartbeat and thus my numbers continue to change. If I'm not quick enough to write down the numbers I end up having to guess what they were. Is there a way to "stop" a workout once you're done that I haven't figured out yet?
  • xd2005
    xd2005 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I need to find the book and look at it to. For example, I put it on just to track for a bit. It's currently blinking 211 (as I'm sitting and typing). Funny thing is, the Max shows 93, but Avg shows 123. So my average is 30 bpm higher than my max bpm.
  • krisjackson31105
    krisjackson31105 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    How do u snap the two ends together.First HRM ever.
  • krisjackson31105
    krisjackson31105 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Never-mind figured it out.