Huge NSV for me

Options
ohnedich00
ohnedich00 Posts: 18 Member
Three weeks ago I decided to do the C2K to try and get into running. I have never been a runner, so I'm not very good at it. It was a struggle for me to get through the first week. The second week killed me, so I decided to go through it again. I was having trouble getting through the whole twenty minutes. Today, I not only got through the workout, but continued to do cardio for a full 30 minutes. It's starting to click in my head that running is ninety percent mental and ten percent physical. I've finally pushed myself past my limit and broke a huge barrier because the running got immensely easier and I discovered that I enjoyed it. I'm hoping I can continue to improve and maybe run for thirty minutes straight one day.

Replies

• osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    GREAT work! I know that running is mental too, but somedays, I just not that mentally strong - LOL!
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I really hope to get into running and this gives me hope!!!
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    I am doing C to 5K too. Well should say was. Major shin issues so I've taken 2 weeks off. I was on week 4. Good luck to you!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's so nice when we achieve something we couldn't do before! Congrats!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! :)

Love NSV's!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!