Your not fooling anyone.........

Options
HBBrown78
HBBrown78 Posts: 55 Member
Pet peve- I HATE to go to the gym and see a group of people sitting in and moving from one mechine to another and not ONCE use the mechine! Who are you kidding?! They usually sit there for a long time chatting while people are waiting to use it and then after 30 mins or more move to another mechine and start all over. I was on the Tread once for 45 mins waiting for a group to get done with a mechine- when they finaly moved they hadn't done a single rep!!!! Just a rant- anyone else see this at their gym?

Replies

• iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    maybe they are just following you. Worst equipped stalkers ever.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    haha. I've never seen that before. Ive seen people sit at free weight benches in between sets for wayyyyyy to long..but thats about it.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter? You can get off the treadmill and say, "Excuse me, mind if I do a set?" Or just wander over to the free weights; generally better workouts that way anywho.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Say something...
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    haha. I've never seen that before. Ive seen people sit at free weight benches in between sets for wayyyyyy to long..but thats about it.

^^This
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I HATE when people workout right next to you, when the rest of the gym is empty haha...
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    you could just ask if they are using the machine..if they arent and they are just talking there they will move and let you use it, and if they are using it it sends the message to hurry up and stop talking.. dont be shy:wink:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    it's no better in the great outdoors..dog owners have no consideration for runners!!!
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    the only thing that annoys me is peple using the squat rack or power rack to do bicep curls. really?

oh, and people who dont wear deoderant
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    the only thing that annoys me is peple using the squat rack or power rack to do bicep curls. really?

that and people who use the dumbells right infront of the dumbell rack so i cant get to the other damn dumbells!!

oh and chronic cardio people who grab on to the treadmil for dear life and have the incline maxed out... makes no sense mine as well walk on flat ground.. rant over
  • lisaishotpink
    lisaishotpink Posts: 124
    Options
    Wow. The people on this website are really supportive of other members. Now I am assuming that every person negatively replying to the original poster has never made a spelling or grammar mistake in their lives, am I correct? Because this is how things are portrayed. Seriously, get a life, or come up with something constructive to say.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

that and people who use the dumbells right infront of the dumbell rack so i cant get to the other damn dumbells!!

oh and chronic cardio people who grab on to the treadmil for dear life and have the incline maxed out... makes no sense mine as well walk on flat ground.. rant over

Funniest things I have read all day....LMMFAO!!!!
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    maybe they are just following you. Worst equipped stalkers ever.

bwahahahahahahaha! love it!

I get a little peeved (ok, alot) when people do not put there weights away after using them................................:grumble:
  • murdy745
    murdy745 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Shrugs, who cares
  • Pinkgirl319
    Pinkgirl319 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow. The people on this website are really supportive of other members. Now I am assuming that every person negatively replying to the original poster has never made a spelling or grammar mistake in their lives, am I correct? Because this is how things are portrayed. Seriously, get a life, or come up with something constructive to say.

My bad. It was really just a joke. I wasn't trying to be unsupportive by any means or offend you or her. I was just being goofy. Xx
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

THIS. Friggin' annoying!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I work out in the weight room in my apartment complex, and I see this a lot. They're usually farting around with their friends or texting or something. I don't usually use machines, so it doesn't bother me, but it certainly would be irritating if I did. And I do also wonder what the point is.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    it's no better in the great outdoors..dog owners have no consideration for runners!!!
    Runners have no consideration for dog owners. Seriously, if I'm walking to one side with two dogs, you can run around me on the other side. You're one person, I'm one PLUS two dogs on lead.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Nope, I have never made a mistake in my life.

I really don't see what correcting someone's spelling has to do with being supportive. Sure, it may be irrelevant and rude, but it has nothing to do with support or lack thereof.