Women, bras!

Options
1235»

Replies

• rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If you haven't I suggest you get fitted if you've been losing weight.
    I went from a 36C to a 34C this year and I wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't for the woman working at Victoria's Secret!
    My favorite bras and the only ones I buy now are Gilligan and O'Malley gel pushup from Target. They're only $20 and fit better than any VS bra I've ever tried. It's not much of a "pushup" bra like the name implies, but that's also why I like it.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If the wires are working through you are probably putting stress on the bra by wearing the wrong size. Find someplace that can properly measure you.

I am a fan of the VS Biofit bras as well.
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I wear VS plunge and love it. The only downside is they never have my size in stock 36d.

I love most bras at VS but I have the same problem. 34/36 D are not usually in stock. They must not carry many of them and then sell out super fast. I actually found 3 there last week!! Finally!

I also love love love their bra tops.... Wearing one in my profile pic. Love how they fit and then I don't have to wear a bra at all! Amazing that someone with such a large chest can go bra-less... But I do! Thank heaven for Chest Flys!
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I only shop at Victoria's Secret. I wear the Incredible Demi Bra in a 36C. It has the self adjusting straps. It's very comfortable!
  • bhug918
    bhug918 Posts: 23
    Options
    I use underwires. The life of my bras are usually 6 months. Hand wash and do not put in the dryer. I also get a bra ftting every time I go shopping. Try lane bryant, or hanes, baily stores. I know they do fittings and cheaper than Victoria Secret.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm incredibly flat chested (34A :( doesn't look good on my pear shaped body) so I wear those '"2 cup sizes bigger" bras!!
    Surprisingly comfortable and although the amount of padding is there to give the illusion that I have boobs, it also gives them a good boost :laugh:
    I know people who have a large chest who have worn these types of bra and all I can say is amazing!
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to be measured at a dress shop or good dept store, measure yourself with the tape under your breasts and round it to the nearest inch if an uneven number (if measuring 37", round up to 38"). Then, using that number try on bras with different cup sizes in the fitting room. I feel sloppy without underwires, but seemed the wires started sticking me when the bras got "old."
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    La Senza underwire molded cups. Penningtons are great for the plus sized ladies, but their bands only start at 38, and they're too big for me now.
  • exdisneychick
    Options
    I can only wear LaneBryant. I had very similiar issues with many other underwires. I need a DDD so victoria secret is out for me. LaneBryant has very good bras that have lasted me longer than I did. I have shrunk out of them. I machine wash on gentle but NEVER put them in the dryer.

If your wire sticks out or digs in, the size isnt correct. You definitely need to be measured by someone. You wont believe the difference the right size bra makes.
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    Maidenform or none at all.

As others have mentioned, correct sizing is a must. Also, washing your bras on the delicate cycle and letting them hang/lay flat to air dry will preserve them.
  • newata
    newata Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of Victoria Secret bras. The wires have popped out of every one I've ever had. But maybe that's because I buy the cheapest ones they have. I'm a bit thrifty.

This probably won't help you much, but the ones I love come from Lane Bryant. They fit well, and they last forever. Haven't had a single wire poke me yet. Plus, they often run sales on them!

I totally agree! I've bought the bio fit bra from victorias secret and it is comfy but too small since the VS stores don't carry a large enough cup size for me..so for the last 2 years I've bought Cacique bras from lane bryant, They are really comfy really cute and very durable
  • dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You should check and see when Macys is doing bra fittings If you take a measuring tape and go under your bra that is your number size. Next go measure across your breast and say like the number was 34 and across the breast is 37 you are a 34 C. Every inch more there is going across your breast is a cup size. Hope this helps you. My friend went to get measured and she was wearing a 34 C meanwhile she is a 36 B; her bras don't drive her crazy anymore.