Exercise Every Day??

Options
How many of you exercise EVERY day?? Is it necessary to lose the weight? Am I being lazy (according to my hubby - YES). I usually exercise 3-4 days in a row and take a day off.

Thanks.

Replies

• Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    How many of you exercise EVERY day??

6 days a week here but since starting 30 Day Shred, it's everyday for the next 30 days then it'll go back down to 6 days a week :flowerforyou:
  • Sheriemae
    Sheriemae Posts: 248
    Options
    I exercise 6 days a week. I take Sundays off as my rest day.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    First of all, tell your husband he is full of you-know-what.... if you feel you need to take one day off, then you take it. Its good for the body to recouperate from the exertions we are putting it through for exercise. Even the doctors I work for will say the same damn thing....

Secondly - if you wanted to exercise every day, that is also something you can do - but you always, no matter what: must be extra dilligent in good stretching, good warm up/cool down routines....staying well hydrated while exercizing..... Its vital
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    6 days a week here as well. I have a M-F schedule and then I pick up either Saturday or Sunday.
  • TNDamisi
    TNDamisi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's silly (about you being lazy, not working out everyday) - I workout 3 days in a row, then take a rest day and start the cycle all over again (although if I feel like it, I'll add in more days) and I've lost over 20lbs so far. Actually, for most of that loss, I did less exercise than that (2 days working out, then a rest day).

From what I understand, all you really need to lose weight is a caloric deficit - exercise helps with creating that, but is by no means necessary. It has other benefits though, which is one of the main reasons why I exercise.
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    I have two days off a week but they are usually because I am so sore I can't move
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I will always make sure that I do SOMETHING.

Some days I will simply take a 20 minute walk around where I live, other days I end up cycling for hours, running, going on my rowing machine.. all on the same day! But I never have days where I don't exercise at all anymore.
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You need a rest day. This gives your muscles time to recover from the exercise you have done all week.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I exercise 6 days and on day 7 it is usually filled with lots of house work/ yard work etc. So while it's not a zumba class or a treadmill, I can assure you I burn as many (if not more) on my day "off". Do what feels right for you :)
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Somehow there always seems to be something that gets in the way of me being able to exercise.
    So doing a high cardio exercise, i find myself only being able to do 1 maybe once a week.
    However i have found a way to pull my exercise bike over to my table, and then do my work n stuff on my laptop, while being able to cycle at the same time.
    I mean granted i cant go as fast as i would like, but it means i get a reasonable 30min+ exercise each day.

I say just do what you can!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I workout Monday - Friday, Saturday and Sunday are my rest days. I believe in giving my body rest days.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    How many of you exercise EVERY day?? Is it necessary to lose the weight? Am I being lazy (according to my hubby - YES). I usually exercise 3-4 days in a row and take a day off.

Thanks.

You certainly can workout every day but you'll want to vary your routine between strength training, low impact cardio, and high impact cardio. I workout 6 - 7 days a week typically.
  • Toyya
    Toyya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you want exercise to help you lose fat you will need to do cardio at least 4x a week for at least 30 mins. In reality diet is the most important (i.e. no amount of exercise will compensate for a bad diet), BUT you will raise your metabolism and build muscle mass you will need to exercise.
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am about to start doing something 5 times a week too.

I am going to try and mix it up with Mon and Thur strength training, Tue and Fri CV and then Sat or Sunday out walking or swimming with drills.

Fingers crossed I can make this work.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    I excercise 5 days a week, but I do a lot of walking and lifting in my job so I'm quite physical. The way I see it, anything you do is great, it's better than nothing! Keep up the good work!:bigsmile:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    When I first started exercising I did 3 or 4 days per week. Now I usually do 6 days with 1 rest day. Occasionally my body or my schedule demands a second day off, & when it does, I take it, and generally come back feeling ready for the next workout.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Everyday? No way......I only workout 4 days a week, 2 cardio's, 2 strength training, it works for me!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    6 days a week, I feel recharged after my day off but I get a bit twitchy during the rest day.
  • feb06momma
    feb06momma Posts: 169
    Options
    I workout 4-5x a week. I usually do an exercise video one or two of those days, the gym 2 or 3 times, an outdoor walk/run, etc. It really depends on the week and what else I have going on! I try to fit in as much as I can and I would like to build up to going 5-6x every week. :)
  • irishseven
    irishseven Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Everyday..if I can brush-my-teeth..that is just my next routine MUST..good for my mind and heart!!!!