Need advice - Insanity with or without gym?

Options
I have really wanted to start Insanity. I have the program and would love to start it. The thing that is holding me back is I have a gym membership and don't want to just not go to the gym while I am doing Insanity.

I need help! Has anyone done both before or should I just do one at a time. I really don't know where to start with either or!

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I have really wanted to start Insanity. I have the program and would love to start it. The thing that is holding me back is I have a gym membership and don't want to just not go to the gym while I am doing Insanity.

I need help! Has anyone done both before or should I just do one at a time. I really don't know where to start with either or!

try a week of insanity. if you like it and can hang with it...see if you can put gym membership on hold. both would take alot of time and depending on what you do at the gym, may be overdoing it uless you are in top shape
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You could also consider doing a hybrid with Insanity and the gym. There are numerous Insanity/P90X hybrids floating around.. You can do something similar with if you do weights at the gym, especially if you do splits that correspond to the P90X workouts. I would do a 3 month hybrid if you haven't done Insanity before, because those give you longer to work up to the Max workouts. You need it, since you aren't doing as much Insanity as on the full program.
  • cocobones
    cocobones Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had that thought before I started...but I told myself, I have invested in both but ultimately I am making the Investment in my health. As long as I am taking care of my health and comitting to that whether I am hitting the gym or my house for the next 60 days no money would be wasted. As achieving my goal is priceless! Get started on Insanity and we can route each other on!
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I lift 4 days per week and do Insanity 3 days per week for my cardio.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I still lift with a trainer 2 days a week and am shooting for Insanity 5-6 days per week. If I can, I'll do 2-a-days and get in some extra lifting.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Gym is there to aid you with your goal. It's not there to hold you back.
    I used to go to health club almost every day. Now I only go 2 days a week for hip hop class and hot tub while I'm doing insanity.
    You can use health club for weight lifting since Insanity is not a progrem to build muscle.
    I like to ride station bike at the gym also on the day my knees are sored from all the insanity jumping.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity, plus lifting at the gym four days a week. What is really helping is having a full rest day every week. The most I will do is go for a walk with my girls, although admittedly pushing a 95+ pound double stroller is quite a workout:)