50 lbs lost so far (pic!)

Options
kristypie
kristypie Posts: 102 Member
About a year ago, I started this journey. Well, let's be honest, I have started and stopped for years now. But last year, I became the most serious I have ever been. That doesn't mean I haven't had stumbles along the way, but it is the first time in my life that I have kept going.

I've been struggling the past month or so, and just in time, my facebook friends gave me the encouragement I needed. See, I posted the picture on the right last week after a fishing trip. Honestly, I was proud of my fish. Ok, I was proud of the fact I actually caught one. Not the size of the fish. Who am I kidding? That is bait! But that is not what anyone else saw. They saw that I have changed. My body isn't the same that it used to be. I have some serious body image issues (when I was thin I thought I was a whale and didn't even know I used to be thin until I had gained 90 pounds and saw a picture of myself before), but there is no denying that even though I still feel like I look like the girl on the left, I am undeniably physically different. I am 25 pounds from my goal weight, which will put me at a "healthy" BMI for the first time in 10 years. But more than a goal "weight", I have realized that what really matters is a healthy, fit body.

This new year, I kicked it into high gear with running and then started a boot camp class. Before, I had never ran more than probably a quarter of a mile and was scared to death to take a boot camp class. On February 6th, I ran a mile without stopping for the first time in my entire life. In March, I ran 2 5k's and I am signed up for my first mud run a week from tomorrow. I can climb hills without giving it a second thought. I can wrap a regular towel around me. I can cross my legs like a lady. I bought shorts last month for the first time in years. I could go on and on about what I have accomplished, but I want you to get the point of why I posted this: You can do this. And if you are in the middle of your journey and are feeling a little discouraged, remember that "The reason people give up is because they look at how far they have to go, not at how far they have come."

Keep going! You've got this. Don't give up on yourself. You've probably come a lot farther than you think. I know I have.

BeforeandDuringforMFP.jpg

Replies

• Onira76
    Onira76 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and you have inspired me!! I have to loose over 100lbs and it just seems so hard to even imagine what my body will look like, seeing your pics has enabled me to visualise myself. I have been overweight for over 10 years and for the first time I can really see myself as a thin me thanks to you!
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable transformation! Wow!
  • KathyChampi
    KathyChampi Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! You look great:smile:
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look incredible!!
  • armoredcore
    armoredcore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Amazing, thank you for sharing.
  • honeygirl0715
    Options
    Kristy,
    Your post is just what I needed to read today! Last Sunday I got on the scale and was thrilled that I've lost 50 pounds since my birthday last July (2011) which meant I've met my goal two months ahead of schedule. I was over the moon! For about ten minutes. Then the negative thinking began to set in. I starting thinking about how much thinner I'd be if I hadn't let myself gain so much weight in the first place. But reading your words about it's not how far we have to go but how far we've already come is just the motivation I need today! I mean losing 50 pounds is huge! I should celebrate that. I put on some clothes that were stashed at the back of my closet that I haven't been able to wear in over four years!

So no more looking at the glass as half empty! My glass is definitely half full and I'm going to continue on this journey. Today I set a goal to lose another 40 pounds by Christmas. And I'm determined to stay the course.

FYI: I've only been on MFP for a couple of months that's why my weight loss thingie only indicates 19 pounds and not 50.
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You look amazing
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Props, girl!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    amazing :)
  • bashmir
    bashmir Posts: 43
    Options
    you go girl
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ooh-Rah! Awesome job!
  • joann4q
    joann4q Posts: 10
    Options
    such an inspiration u look great !
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Great transformation. Keep it up.
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Looking good!! Congratulations!!:drinker:
  • jessgrey2
    jessgrey2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You look so great, healthy, happy! Very impressive!
  • 1lindachristine
    1lindachristine Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank You for your inspirational journey. You look wonderful. I like the pictures you shared
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!

Thank you for sharing your journey!
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job getting healthy. You look great, and you sound like you are feeling good about yourself. That's terrific! And thanks for the encouragment. I've got 90 lbs. to go, but you have inspired hope.
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look amazing! Great catch!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    WOW You look amazing! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!