This may seem really selfish

Options
But...is it wrong to feel jealous and disheartened when you see the amount of weight people lose in such a short space of time? I seem to of been doing this for ages now and not really getting anywhere, even though I'm cutting things out of my "diet" - excercising a lot more than I used to (although, allowing myself the occasional treat) and not seeing much change?

Does anyone else feel this way sometimes, or is it just me?

Replies

• Crystalchaos72
    Options
    My ticker indicates the total lost since 2007......I have been on this site just a year. You are almost to your goal it appears so keep up the good work!!
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    No, It`s not. We all feel it we just don`t say it. Sigh. I`ve been on this site for more than a month and haven`t lost any weight. I am very jealous.

But it aint that great of an emotion so I try to tamp it down. I know I shouldn`t compare myself to others but I still do.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I worked out with a mother/daughter team for 2 months both lost 25-30 pounds each I was down 6! - I was happy for them but I did feel bad I wished it was me :/ lol
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    But...is it wrong to feel jealous and disheartened when you see the amount of weight people lose in such a short space of time? I seem to of been doing this for ages now and not really getting anywhere, even though I'm cutting things out of my "diet" - excercising a lot more than I used to (although, allowing myself the occasional treat) and not seeing much change?

Does anyone else feel this way sometimes, or is it just me?

Definitely not just you :frown: My friends seem to lose weight a lot quicker and easier than me and they are just doing the same as I with no fancy diet regime

Saying that though one friend lost weight so quickly that it just made her look withdrawn and really gaunt, I'd not like that to happen to me!
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up. Slow and steady is the way to go. Whats your food diary like? Are you making sure you eat snacks? Im having 6 -8 meals a day including snacks. Eating every 2.5 - 3 hrs. Keeps your metabolism going . Try not to go 3 hours without food. Our bodies are designed to store fat for survival, our job is to not give it a reason to store fat, dont make your body hungry.
  • niksinnotts
    niksinnotts Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    your ticker shows a really great weight loss!! still we all seem to want that instant gratification, i know that i often feel disheartened when i get nominal, or no loss but this is a long term thing and healthier eating is just that!! healthier! so even when your weight loss has slowed or stopped, your body is still thanking you for the change:flowerforyou:
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    It's a very familiar feeling for me.

I've been on this site over a year now (this round of weight-loss has been happening for about 20 months) and i'm practically back to where i started - Again.

I've yo-yoed BIG time, my ticker has gone between 0-11 kg lost a couple of times... I'd give ANYTHING to see it hit 12...

SO i'm just picking it up and trying harder.

We'll all get there eventually. It just sucks how different everyone's bodies work sometimes.
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    I think being jealous is a normal feeling. Maybe it's these feelings that keep us motivated...try not to look at it as a negative way to feel and just keep on keeping :)
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    It's a very familiar feeling for me.

I've been on this site over a year now (this round of weight-loss has been happening for about 20 months) and i'm practically back to where i started - Again.

I've yo-yoed BIG time, my ticker has gone between 0-11 kg lost a couple of times... I'd give ANYTHING to see it hit 12...

SO i'm just picking it up and trying harder.

We'll all get there eventually. It just sucks how different everyone's bodies work sometimes.

I love your wedding picture!!
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Aww thank you! You totally just made my day!

And i know that even though i've gained back a lot of weight since then, I looked better in the pics than i would have without the work i put in - rather than thinking about how much BETTER i could have looked if i worked harder.

if jealousy can be channelled to use as motivation, then it's probably pretty useful!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up. Slow and steady is the way to go. Whats your food diary like? Are you making sure you eat snacks? Im having 6 -8 meals a day including snacks. Eating every 2.5 - 3 hrs. Keeps your metabolism going . Try not to go 3 hours without food. Our bodies are designed to store fat for survival, our job is to not give it a reason to store fat, dont make your body hungry.

This proven to not be true. My best mate practices intermittent fasting, 16hr usually. There is sweet FA fat on that man.
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options

This proven to not be true. My best mate practices intermittent fasting, 16hr usually. There is sweet FA fat on that man.

For me it worked. It may not work for others, but Im allowed to share my opinion, as are you. I lost 8.5 kilos in 2 months, so it definately worked for me. Personally I dont think fasting is good. Bodies need fuel for a variety of reasons. Each to their own.
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This is not just you feeling this way!!! I have been feeling the same way for a while. I am happy for them, but I am still kind of upset with myself that I am not losing like they are. I also feel bad because a lot of my "pals" are not motivating. I am trying to motivate them, saying how great they did, and other people also motivate them. No one really seems to do the same for me. I have one or two pals on my page who will sometimes (and I actually know a few of my pals). I get discouraged and am actually thinking about not being a part of the site anymore. I came here for support. sorry... just venting, but no, you are not alone!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Nope, definitely not just you. My best friend has lost the same amount of weight I have in half the time. She doesn't work out as much as I do and eats fast food regularly. I've been stuck at the same weight since around xmas and she just keeps losing. I'm happy for her because I love her and want her to reach her goals, but I do get frustrated for me.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm the same LOL...I've been going 18months and still not at my goal, I literally work my butt off and eating clean most of the time! still have my treats...every person is different and the way I look at it, the longer it takes the more we learn and the more we appreciate the outcome...its a lifelong journey so I guess it will take a lifetime!
  • Gladiolus
    Gladiolus Posts: 20
    Options
    Jealousy is immature. Try feeling inspired by the success of others and get interested in learning how they did it. Good luck!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I think it is natural to feel this way when you're trying to lose weight really hard and you see other people losing weight faster than you.
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    No! Ur not alone! I'm pretty sure every single one of us feels that way, at least at some point!!!!! :)
  • nutandbutter
    nutandbutter Posts: 447
    Options

For me it worked. It may not work for others, but Im allowed to share my opinion, as are you. I lost 8.5 kilos in 2 months, so it definately worked for me. Personally I dont think fasting is good. Bodies need fuel for a variety of reasons. Each to their own.

Share your opinion all you want but please don't spread myths like that. Eating every 2-3 hours doesn't "keep your metabolism going". It may help you with satiety but that varies from person to person.
  • nutandbutter
    nutandbutter Posts: 447
    Options
    I know how you feel OP. I can undo a months work in a matter of one week. I hate it!