EVERYONE NOTICED!

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Nobody yet :(
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    I got a comment from a co-worker when I went back to my part-time job for the Christmas break, that was at around 15 lbs lost. Other than that though, I haven't really heard anything and I'm at 22 lbs down as of today.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    To be honest, not a lot of people have said anything to me. My dad said he could tell in my face because it's getting thinner and my in-laws said they noticed in my neck/upper chest area (this is also where it is most noticeable to me as well). I go into work everyday expecting someone there to say something but I think that because I have a significant amount of weight to lose, it's not entirely noticeable yet.

However, what matters to me most is that I NOTICE. I notice when I put on shirts that fit snuggly before and now fit a lot looser. I notice because most of my pants are almost too BIG. I can't wait for the day that my pants are way too big. I can't wait for the day when I can go to the mall and buy clothes in any store EXCEPT for the plus size stores. That will be my biggest victory!

They will begin noticing almost at once, then the flood gate will open. Don't be discouraged.

You're 100% right, the most important person that you want to notice is yourself. If you know you're doing something positive for your body, then who needs anyone else's acknowledgement.

Keep that up sweetie!

katie
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    I have lost 44 so far.. but was very overweight. Only two people that didn't know I was trying have said anything.. my mom, and the wife of my husband's co-worker (to him, not to me). A lot of people know that I'm fairly sensitive, so perhaps they are being careful.. sure could use the boost some days though. Pretty soon, it will be so noticeable they maybe won't say anything but won't be able to help notice!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Today 3 people I haven't seen in probably close to a year all said something...finally someone's noticing! I've lost 10 pounds since February and I'm really starting to notice it myself so it was awesome to have other people see it, too! Makes me proud of what I'm doing and motivates me to keep on keepin' on!
  • j375
    j375 Posts: 1 Member
    because i am a bigger guy around 2o 25lbs but i am new to this but in 2009 i weighed over 500lbs and now i am down to 362
  • Jennas2012
    Jennas2012 Posts: 11
    A friend of mine noticed and im at the 15lb mark. she actually told me i dont need to lose anymore. Which i thought was sweet but i pointed out that i'm in baggy clothes and she cant see it all lol. But it still made me feel so good and i even hugged her and said thanks! I have about 20lbs more to go to be Healthy Again and im going to do it!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    It's great to read about all the people receiving compliments on their healthier lifestyle. :)
    I've only lost about 5 pounds, so no comments for me yet, but I'm looking forward to some in the future.. I know my parents will notice, just because my parents notice EVERYTHING!!

It's a little bit scary...
  • LilRiver
    LilRiver Posts: 81 Member
    I started at 270/285 (MFP/pre-MFP) and have lost 30/45 so far and around the 15/30 lb mark people started commenting on my looks. Nobody has made the weight connection yet but I get a lot of puzzling looks as folks try to figure out just what's different... my hair? new makeup? new clothes? something! but they can't quite tell what yet. Which - hey, works for me! It's really fun to see folks try to figure it out :)
  • I love this thread! I'm, of course, doing this for ME...but it will be fun to have people notice once I start gaining momentum!
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    For me it was around 5kgs. That very noticeable as Im quite short, only 5'2
  • Misalayne
    Misalayne Posts: 84 Member
    Today, I sent a picture of myself to my mom, she said my face looks thinner. So I told her anout all the success stories on here...how amazing it is to me that some people look so different after loosing their weight. Then I said, I wonder what I will look like when I loose all my weight? She said, like you did when you got married. Man I sure hope so! I've not been around anyone other than my husband and kids since starting this for myself, but my best friend who is doing this with me. She has noticed.

Congrats to all who is changing from the bad happits to the good habbits. And thoigh we are all doing this for ourselves, it sure is a great motivator when others notice our bodies and habbits are changing.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sorry that was so winded!
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    I've lost 10 lbs since April 9th (5 since joining mfp) for a total of 33 lbs since I had my son. Since I just had a baby people haven't really said much (even though I've lost above and beyond baby weight) but my hubby told me that he can tell I'm losing weight since I've started exercising
  • I had around 90 pounds to lose and I've lost 50 total (22 since joining MFP)! People starting noticing at about the 20 -25 pound mark. This is a personal journey for me. I want to be able to get off all of my blood pressure medications and be as healthy as possible. Today I went to visit my sister who I hadn't seen in a month and she said "Wow, sis, you're really doing great. I can see the beginnings of a waistline and the extra hump on your butt is gone." LOL That made me feel so good!
  • vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    I started getting a few comments around the 15lb mark, but I started to notice pretty quickly... t-shirts fit better (now are too big), belts ran out of holes to plug into... it feels good! I'm not gonna bother buying new clothes until I at least hit the 200lbs mark, which is another 20lbs from today, but I think it will make a big difference then because I have always worn really baggy clothes to hide my gut, so when I think people see me in tight clothes they will notice a lot more.
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Mine is a little different. I have been eating better, and exercising regularly. Losing inches, not lbs. Everyone notices and tell me I have lost weight, but the scales say I have not loss any. We even did a get fit at the YMCA, did all the measurement, measurement changes, but scales didn't. Motivating for people to notice, but discouraging the scales are not moving.

Joining wil be good. The food tracker will help me tracker what I am eating better.

Margaret:smile:
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    I started getting compliments when I lost 20 lbs, so WHAT did I do? Gained it all back, of course! Dooooh! Done that 4 times in the last 5 years and it happened last October AFTER I joined MFP... I am staying on track for good now. For me, it's not about WHAT I eat, just how much.
  • beckyg101
    beckyg101 Posts: 30
    My iphone hold screen has a quote saying:
    It Take 4 weeks for you to see your body changing.
    It takes 8 weeks for your friends and family
    And it takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    I'm close to 30lbs down and still dont notice :( but everyone else started noticing around 15lbs
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    For me, I'd say it was closer to 30lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!