If you upped your cals - how much did you up them by

Options
I'm one of those people who has pretty much lost weight on 1200 cals, without any plateaus A bit of eating back my cals - by not necessarily all of them. Whilst i was using the MFP app, I didn't visit the forums, so wasn't aware of the whole debate about eating back cals, and eating too little.

Anyway, I'm about at maintenance, and I am playing around with what I can go up to. I've had a few weeks that haven't been so good, so I thought I'd try to push my total cals up as high as I can so I don't feel like I'm depriing myself.

I'm 165cm and about 54 - 55kg. Depending on which calculation I use, and how much I plug in for daily activity level, I seem to get a figure of between 1400 - 1800. I'm going to experiment and up the numbers for the month of May to about 1800 I think and see how I go.

I realise everyone is different, but I'd love to see just how much everyone who has had success upped their cals by.

Replies

• imtriagain
    imtriagain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Anyone..?
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating now?

You need to increase gently, by say 100 calories a week, don't just jump from 1200 to 1800.