May sound cry babyish...

Options
But whenever i post NO ONE replies. So many other people reply on each others. But never mine. It is blank. i do not understand this makes me a bit aggravated.

xoxo
J

I would appreciate it if people stopped insulting/attacking me. Answer the question I asked.... Please or move on. i am not pro ana. Nor have a eating disorder end of story. I know who I am and please do not try to tell me what i am thanks.

Replies

• Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    You're not alone. I think people have to build up their "visibility" and get to know others on here little by little.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    I am the thread killer.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Hi, I'm posting and don't know you but sometimes so many ppl post that it is hard to read them all. That's probably it. I j:bigsmile: to be on right now and saw yours:) Don't feel that it is something personal:) I'm an middle age lady and ppl reply to me even lol
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    My guess is its because you're pro-ana and have a pro-ana screen name.
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Thinkthinstaythin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am not pro ana. Nor support that group. My screen name is motivational to myself so that I will be in the right mind set. If you think thin you wont make the bad health choices like fast food, soda, processed food. Nor any of my posts so far have had to be with anorexia it has simply been with exercise questions and saying who I am. Thank you for judging me. I appreciate it.
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

I had to google 'pro-ana'. It makes me very sad as a mother of 3 girls that at the young age of 19 you are pro-ana. :(

Edited to add: I do hope that being here will give you the support and encouragement you need to change your thoughts towards promoting any kind of eating disorder.
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options

I had to google 'pro-ana'. It makes me very sad as a mother of 3 girls that at the young age of 19 you are pro-ana. :(

If you did not read... I AM NOT!!!!!! I do not support that group of people. I may have that disorder. But in no way or form do i support someone to go and do that to there bodies. I personally do not think I am some people possibly think i could be but I am not under weight nor been diagnosed.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am not pro ana. Nor support that group. My screen name is motivational to myself so that I will be in the right mind set. If you think thin you wont make the bad health choices like fast food, soda, processed food. Nor any of my posts so far have had to be with anorexia it has simply been with exercise questions and saying who I am. Thank you for judging me. I appreciate it.

2 minutes ago you were on your profile.

I think you need to not take it personally when your posts don't always get lots of replies. Sometimes as new people I think we ask the same questions that have probably been asked a lot so people get sick of answering them, or they may not know the answers either. Search your questions in the message boards - they may have already been answered. :)
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options

2 minutes ago you were on your profile.

I think you need to not take it personally when your posts don't always get lots of replies. Sometimes as new people I think we ask the same questions that have probably been asked a lot so people get sick of answering them, or they may not know the answers either. Search your questions in the message boards - they may have already been answered. :)

I assume so, lots of people are welcoming but i see people with these millions of replies then theres me with nothing. Lol. I do not want to be a winer but i was wondering if they were being even posted. I do not take it personally at all I understand if people do not want to reply. But i was wondering if anyone was out there. Haha.
  • cincymomof3
    Options

If you did not read... I AM NOT!!!!!! I do not support that group of people. I may have that disorder. But in no way or form do i support someone to go and do that to there bodies. I personally do not think I am some people possibly think i could be but I am not under weight nor been diagnosed.

I read it in black and white on your profile before you edited it. It said "I am pro-ana." As I said before, I hope that these forums will help and support you in any way that you need.

Added: in regards to the responses, maybe the forums are slower on the weekends. Everyone seems to be very helpful around here. I'm sure more people will post soon. :)
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options

I read it in black and white on your profile before you edited it. It said "I am pro-ana." As I said before, I hope that these forums will help and support you in any way that you need.

okay then...I do not know where your pulling your facts from but okay then.... Thank you. Have a great day/evening
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, seems like you are playing games with us....your profile stated (5 mins ago before you edited it): "I am pro Ana".
    Pretty hard to misinterpret that.

But, back to your original question, there's two likely reasons why you don't get replies
    - the question gets pushed down the "recent" list pretty fast if it is a busy time of day. Maybe it just got missed.
    - maybe people don't agree with your approach and are choosing to "not say anything at all" rather than being confrontational. I haven't seen any of your previous posts but if they are in fact pro-Ana you won't find much support here.

But, if you have questions about getting and staying healthy, please post them again on this thread - I'll definitely answer if it is a genuine question.
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options
    Hmmm, seems like you are playing games with us....your profile stated (5 mins ago before you edited it): "I am pro Ana".
    Pretty hard to misinterpret that.

But, back to your original question, there's two likely reasons why you don't get replies
    - the question gets pushed down the "recent" list pretty fast if it is a busy time of day. Maybe it just got missed.
    - maybe people don't agree with your approach and are choosing to "not say anything at all" rather than being confrontational. I haven't seen any of your previous posts but if they are in fact pro-Ana you won't find much support here.

But, if you have questions about getting and staying healthy, please post them again on this thread - I'll definitely answer if it is a genuine question.

I did edit my profile. Do to reasons of my concern. I am not pro ana. I would never support something so harmful to the human body.
  • cincymomof3
    Options

okay then...I do not know where your pulling your facts from but okay then.... Thank you. Have a great day/evening

IMHO it would be better to be honest and just admit that you edited it for whatever reason. As you can see, others saw it as well. I do hope that you stick around, choose honesty and hopefully get help if you need it. I have seen many success stories (in the success stories section) from girls on here who have recovered from eating disorders. They are truly inspiring!
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options
    I do not have an eating disorder. I do not see why I am being attacked.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I saw your profile before you changed it, and it said you were pro ana, it also said you were doing the skinny girl diet, and your calories are set at 800 a day. A lot of people on here don't respond to pro ana/mia people purely because it's not healthy whatsoever.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    This is not an attack - a number of us observed that you changed your profile and your story, that's a fact.
    I'm very happy to hear that you aren't pro-ana, i would never wish a mental health issue on anyone and find it hard to believe that people can aspire to such a thing.

Getting back on topic - what questions do you have, you have the attention of a number of members now, maybe we can help?
  • cincymomof3
    Options
    I do not have an eating disorder. I do not see why I am being attacked.

That's great. You wrote above "I may have that disorder." It seems that you are confused (on being proana/not being proana... possibly having an eating disorder/or not) which is perfectly fine. I just wanted you to know (since being a new member, you possibly didn't know) that if you are struggling in any way, there is a lot of support here. That's all. I was trying to be kind. I was not attacking you and apologize if it sounded that way.
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options
    I see people do reply and see my posts. I am not pro-ana. I may have a low cal diet. But that is doctor approved for the mean time of these weeks. I consult my doctor for my diet due to health issues. Non eating disorder related...My profile never said that I do not see where you are getting this from. But to make it clear i am not changing story. I am stating a FACT. I am NOT i repeat NOT pro ana. I hope I made myself clear. Thank you.
  • jammiezene
    jammiezene Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry people have been rude :( it happens in some forums.