May sound cry babyish...

Options

Replies

• Thinkthinstaythin
    Thinkthinstaythin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am simply stating that.... I do not not been diagnosed and that was a bit sarcastic. I may i have a eating disorder I do not know but all my diet choices have gone through a doctor and been approved do to other health issues.
  • NomiS6
    NomiS6 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hello
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Getting back on topic - what questions do you have, you have the attention of a number of members now, maybe we can help?

We have helped keep your thread bumped to the top, so you should get a lot of responses. :)

I saw earlier you didn't get a response about how many calories you burn walking on a treadmill while holding dumbbells in various positions.... while I don't know the exact number of calories, I think if you use the calories burned in the exercise section using your walking speed, it will give you a pretty good guesstimate. :)
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options
    Yah I kinda decided i would use weight lifting in that. i am not sure if it was walking cramps still though or the weights that made my abs hurt,
  • jsp2374
    jsp2374 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you DON't have an eating disorder, why then does it appear that your daily calorie goal intake is 500 calories? And why then are you burning 250+ calories?

Just curious what you consider an eating disorder as well?

Jackie
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options
    My doctor has approved the diet I am doing for medical reasons. It is not a mental disorder nor am I obsessed with loosing weight. I am not overweight right now. i am trying to get toned. Also this diet is also so I will not have further more serious health concerns.
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yah I kinda decided i would use weight lifting in that. i am not sure if it was walking cramps still though or the weights that made my abs hurt,

If your core is weak, I could see how holding the weights in various positions could make your abs sore. :)
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options
    I have been working it it is not toned at all yet! I guess you can say it is I assumed that because I have not been getting cramps lately.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You need a new doctor, seriously!
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My doctor has approved the diet I am doing for medical reasons. It is not a mental disorder nor am I obsessed with loosing weight. I am not overweight right now. i am trying to get toned. Also this diet is also so I will not have further more serious health concerns.

I'm sorry, but no Doctor would put someone that is not overweight, that is just trying to tone on a 500 calorie diet. NO DOCTOR!! He would tell you to increase your protein intake, cardio, and focus on lifting weights.
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options
    My stomach had a problem, with a bunch of big words and such that i can not even pronounce so not gonna spell.This low calorie diet for 5 weeks is suppose to help so then I can work up to a bigger diet. My doctor is not saying this is permanent but for now till my stomach is in a better condition this is what i am working with
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My stomach had a problem, with a bunch of big words and such that i can not even pronounce so not gonna spell.This low calorie diet for 5 weeks is suppose to help so then I can work up to a bigger diet. My doctor is not saying this is permanent but for now till my stomach is in a better condition this is what i am working with

Oh, is that why your page says you're on the 30 day skinny girl challenge?
  • jsp2374
    jsp2374 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think I would get a second opinion. Also if you are having such health problems that lead to you being out on a 500 calorie a day diet, and YOUR ARE NOT over weight, then why are you burning so many calories as well? Sounds kinda insane to me. Again I would get a second opinion.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    How would the number of calories be in relation to your stomach? Your stomach issues would surely be rectified by the types of foods rather than the number of calories which is more related to the amount you expend and need to survive.

Not saying it's not true, but doesn't make much sense. :S
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Well, you've got the attention you wanted.

*sigh*
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options
    I found it when researching on the INTERNET. I find it fun to be able to write in a journal with these questions and make it a experience.
  • Thinkthinstaythin
    Options
    Well, I may go get a second opinion. He may just wanted me to give him more money. Cause he wants me going in every week...But i don't know from what he told me sounded reasonable.
  • wantu2wantme
    Options
    My guess is its because you're pro-ana and have a pro-ana screen name.

um WOW harsh much? someone having a bad day? lmao get over yourself!!!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Uhh, your 600 cal goal says otherwise...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but no Doctor would put someone that is not overweight, that is just trying to tone on a 500 calorie diet. NO DOCTOR!! He would tell you to increase your protein intake, cardio, and focus on lifting weights.

Her profile previously said that she was following the Skinny Girl Diet. I won't post any details, as I don't want to risk triggering someone else's ED, but it is a one month long VLCD promoted by pro-ana websites. No doctor would ever cosign this. Even if there were a medically relevant reason for doing so, like you said, it would be more focused and not involve exercising back off calories. I am all for ED recovery and willing to support anyone genuinely struggling with an ED, but I have no tolerance for promoting eating disorders.