Netball

Options
Hi All, I've set myself a fitness goal... I've decided to get back into Netball...

I'm training Mondays 6-8, approx 80-90 minutes of training the rest is warm up cool down kinda things.

But I cannot find Netball in the exercises, any ideas what sort of calories I'm burning or what I can record this as when I'm training...

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated xx

Jacqui

Replies

• brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Try listing it as basketball - Netball isnt played in USA so most people here will have no idea what your talking about!

Also - just remember that this is an estimate - no matter what you list it as, its not going to be 100% right.

And congrats for getting back into it! Its such a fun game!! Too cold here in Canberra for me lol.
  • super_star_27
    super_star_27 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I play netball and I've created a new exercise named netball with the same calories as basketball. I use either that or just basketball :)
    You may want to also increase/decrease the amount of calories you burn depending on which position you play; I play either goal keeper or goal defence so burn a lot less than if i was playing centre.

Good luck!!! netball's an amazing game :D
  • Lucylikesrunning
    Options
    I miss playing netball, it's so fun! Yep I would probably track as basketball if I were you :)
  • Rhian_81
    Rhian_81 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Netball in school was fun :) well done on rediscovering it
  • Jacqui_Davies
    Jacqui_Davies Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! Had my first two hour session and played Wing Attack, I was fully active and running for the whole session too... Very proud of myself, but bloody exhausted!!!! Cannot wait to get back to it next week x
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed it! 4 quarters of WA will certainly wear you out, so much running! Good on you for finding something fun and enjoyable for exercise - that's half the battle!!!