Im always hungry at night how to stop eatin late at night?

Options
how to stop night eating or wantin food at night?

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Willpower, or, if you are like me and have none, save some calories for that night eating.
  • JD830278
    JD830278 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yeah spacing my calories out works for me. I sometimes eat dinner around 7/8pm which obviously stops the munchies. If I do get hungry at night, I drink water and go to bed.
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Willpower, or, if you are like me and have none, save some calories for that night eating.

Yes, this is a gr8 idea...eat something filling late in the eve :) ....i have found when i get up after midnight and have a small snack...i have to log it on the next day and its aggravating to wake up ...and have less calories to work with :)
    San :)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I keep sliced turkey or string cheese around for late night muchies and always make sure I have enough calories left for that.
  • armoredcore
    armoredcore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above, I always have a handful of almonds.
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    yea save more calories for night time..just keep within your daily goal
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I work the night shift, but when I worked during the day this was a problem for me. I always had a bedtime snack and that curbed my night time eating. Once I got an eating schedule set I didn't get hungry until it was 15-30 mins before my scheduled meal/snack
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Plenty of water. But also I eat light jelly - cos it manages to fill me with hardly any calories but doesn't need too much heavy digestion. That is if you can get past the sometimes nasty sweetener aftertaste. Or some delicious lil bits of meat like bresola.

And obviously saving those calories.

Good luck!
  • dfly888
    dfly888 Posts: 8
    Options
    All great tips, but also try to look at why you're hungry at night. I have found with myself that though I love to stay up late, I get bored and/or tired, then I want to eat to either wake up or have something to do. So, I tend to go to bed since that is what my body really wants. But if I do get really hungry and am staying up, I have rice cakes that I save the calories for!
  • zuppie76
    zuppie76 Posts: 8
    Options
    Nothing new to add, just bed early and lots of water.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It may sound counter-intuitive, but try to NOT eat too much "dense" food at night (like meat) and try to eat more of the stuff that will literally fill the volume of space in your stomach, like a big romaine salad. While two cups of romaine has less than twenty calories, it will help fill the space in your stomach, leaving you satisfied and providing some nutrition you can use. Add some tomatoes and low-fat dressing and even double the amount and you still end up with less than, or right around, 100 calories,

Save the meat and other dense foods for breakfast and lunch when you are going to be more energetic and can burn it off.

Try to occupy your stomach with some good, light roughage in the evening.
  • dianewhalen
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    What i used to do before i upped my calories was not eat before 5 o clock - that way i would get to eat late and stay within my calorie limits!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Just save some calories for those night time hunger pangs and make good choices. Are you sure you are eating enough??
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have a definite hard time with snacking at night, especially after 8:00 (been like this my entire life). I now save some calories for the snacking and if I need them, I eat string cheese, 1/4-1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese or an apple ... usually something with protein or lots of fiber to fill me up. That has really worked for me and I'm not feeling as deprived as I thought I would be when I began this all. If I'm not still hungry for snacks, then I'm under my calorie goal for the day. Also agree with everyone who said drink a lot of water to fill you up. :)
  • chelseathinspired
    chelseathinspired Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Try healthy snacks such as fruit or maybe try sugar free hot chocolate or tea. If you are actually truly hungry you may not be getting enough calories or food through out the day. Try spacing it out more between meals.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Depends on your particular cravings.
    If it's a protein craving or true hunger (not just munchies), try a spoonful of peanut butter, almonds (as someone else suggested), a slice of cheese or wedge of cheese (like Laughing Cow - 35 calories for the light version).
    If you need something sweet, a small chocolate, licorice tea (naturally sweet, no calories), a piece of fruit.
    Save a few calories for whatever works for you.
    Also some people find that this is an important habit for them to change, they just set a time after which they won't eat. Even if you go that route, you might want to eat something filling or long lasting before you stop eating for the day.
    Some people say something with high-fiber and complex carbohydrates keeps them full for longer.
    Play around with it and see what works for you.
    Also consider whether you are missing a major nutritional item that causes you to want it at the end of the day?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Condense your meals into 3 instead of 5 or 6.
    So if you decide to cut calories to 1500 you could have 3 500calorie meals.
    First meal at 1-2pm.
    Second at 5-6pm.
    Last meal between 8-10pm.

After doing this for a while youll train your hormonal reaction to food and enter into a whole new world of fat loss.

Heres a great series of blogs that could help.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fasting-weight-loss/#axzz1u00BiLHL
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have a meal replacement shake planned for in my food diary every evening. I either have it, have half if I've eaten more than planned throughout the day, or sometimes have cheese/dates or whatever instead. I dont know if its a good habit or a bad one really (and I am kind of torn) but each one has a third of required daily nutrients so often if I am craving something it goes away after this. I dont know if its that or just my sweet tooth but they tend to hit the spot for me.
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was eating eating breakfast for the first time since I was a kid. this set the stage to eat lunch a snack and a later dinner. So the only time now that I get late night munchies is when Ive had a few drinks.
    I do also agree with saving cals for night time snacking.

Good luck!!!