Breakfast Tips!!!!

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm struggling to eat breakfast as I'm getting bored with the same old things...

Does anyone have any ideas or recipes?

Thanks...

Replies

• twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Nonfat greek yogurt with berries and almonds

Poached egg with canadian bacon on whole wheat english muffin

Natural peanut butter on whole wheat english muffin

Oatmeal with apple slices and almonds

Omelet w/ spinach, tomato and parmesan cheese

Go-Kashi lean crunch cereal with a banana
  • Jacqui_Davies
    Jacqui_Davies Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank You! Absolutely love the omelet, I'm not very creative with my food lol x
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Don't eat breakfast
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I rotate between oats with milk, lsa and honey. Wheat bix with milk. And I recently invented my own cereal, I got a box of wheat flakes, wholegrain puffed rice(nothing added), natural bran and sultanas, I have it with milk and sliced bananas.

Theres also wholewheat or oat pancakes. Or omelette, shoulder bacon and eggs, I get a can of cannelloni beans and add a tad of organic tomato sauce, a dash of soy sauce and spices to make healthier baked beans for my partner. Natural peanut butter and honey or 100% fruit jam toast. A cereal and fruit smoothie.

Add anything to everything!
  • only2bfit
    only2bfit Posts: 44
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom and pecans :D

Or oatmeal with dates to sweeten it if you like oatmeal
  • zuppie76
    zuppie76 Posts: 8
    Options
    A doctor told me that eating 5 portions of fruit in the morning is a good idea as it gets you the nutrients you need and is sufficient in calories to keep you going until lunch time. Also you can swap around the types of fruit you have so that you don't get bored.
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    I'm about to go to Subway for one of their Egg white muffins. It really is just a special treat and not something I would do regularly. But for less than 250 calories you can't beat it!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    A doctor told me that eating 5 portions of fruit in the morning is a good idea as it gets you the nutrients you need and is sufficient in calories to keep you going until lunch time. Also you can swap around the types of fruit you have so that you don't get bored.

By five portions do you mean five servings? I think that would be way too many carbs at one time.

For a grab and go breakfast I like Egg "muffin" cups. The recipe is flexible:

*10-12 eggs scrambled with a bit of milk
    *3/4 c of meat (I think ham tastes the best)
    *app 3/4 c of veggies (I use onion, green and red peppers)
    *any spices you might want

Put equal parts of the veggies and meat into each section of a muffin tin then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. You can keep them in the fridge throughout the week and grab some when you want them.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I like breakfast, but I just don't have the time to cook. My staples tend to be...
    Kashi Go Lean w/blueberries and skim milk
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with strawberries
    Fiber One whole wheat english muffin w/ all natural PB
    LA tortilla factory whole wheat tortilla w/PB, banana, and honey
    Quaker weight control banana bread instant oatmeal w/chopped walnuts and bananas
    Grapenut flakes cereal w/sliced almonds, and dried cranberries
    2 hardboiled eggs w/whole wheat toast or english muffin and sugar free strawberry preserves

I also love an egg white omlette and experiement w/different combinations of veggies and reduced fat cheese. Spinach broccoli and feta is yummy! Also love asparagus, red peppers and provlone. But for me that is usually a dinner because I dont' really cook in the am.

Today I tried some quick cook oats with 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, tbsp dried cranberries, and tbsp sliced almonds. It was pretty good.
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    Jimmy Dean D-Light sandwiches...lower calories, higher in protein. Also, I recommend Atkins Meal bars, loaded with protein (they are not fat-free, but they are very low in sugar).
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    These are great thanks! I'm saving them to a document so I can start doing something other then egg whites, scrambled eggs or yogurt... ;-)
  • KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Don't feel compelled to eat "traditional" breakfast foods if you are tired of them.

I like smoked salmon with eggs sunny side up. Also peanut butter on wheat toast. Kashi multigrain toaster waffles - will eat those plain, with a side of greek yogurt or a protein shake. Steel cut oats with whey protein powder and milk.

I usually drink coffee with milk, no sugar.

I have also been known to heat up leftover meatloaf (I try to make healthy meatloaf with quinoa or vegetables), or even(gasp) make a pouch of microwavable macaroni and cheese and add a packet of tuna or 2 oz of smoked salmon to it.
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristin, I love the idea of the egg muffins. Does that make 12 muffins? How do you know how many calories etc it is? Thanks!
  • braign
    braign Posts: 89
    Options
    I have a sausage/egg/cheese english muffin almost every day, they're delicious and fit into my calories (325 each), but they do have quite a bit of sodium, almost 1/3 of my RDA! So it's probably not a good idea if you're specifically watching sodium, but I've not had problems with water retention or anything so far and my weight is going down, so it's not an issue for me right now. And I love that I only need one and it fills me up until lunchtime.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    hummus.. make it yourself in minutes .. 1/2 cup is about under 200 calories. if you add cucumbers with it its a complete meal.
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options

By five portions do you mean five servings? I think that would be way too many carbs at one time.

For a grab and go breakfast I like Egg "muffin" cups. The recipe is flexible:

*10-12 eggs scrambled with a bit of milk
    *3/4 c of meat (I think ham tastes the best)
    *app 3/4 c of veggies (I use onion, green and red peppers)
    *any spices you might want

Put equal parts of the veggies and meat into each section of a muffin tin then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. You can keep them in the fridge throughout the week and grab some when you want them.

I love this idea also! but I was also wondering how many calories they would be... Or would you just total the number of calories in all of it and then divide by however many egg muffins?
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    My go to sandwich and 190 calories.

1 100% whole wheat mini bagel toasted
    1 egg cooked for 40 seconds in the microwave. No oil or butter required! :)
    1 slice of Canadian bacon
    1 spray I can't believe it's not butter

Somedays I add extra egg whites or another slice of meat. Totally fills me up.