The dreaded scales!!

Options
First of all, totally not sure where to post this question, decided what the heck, and post it here!!

Anyhow, I know, not to get worked up and terribly concerned about what the scale says for weight. It's the tape measure, and how my clothes fit etc... that truely count. Right? Well, with that said, I am confused as to which scale to belive!! Mine or my doctor's office!! I've got my own set of scales here @ home, actually 2 . I have them set correctly, ( have them set by weighing my dumbbells ). The thing is, the scales @ my dr's office has me weighing 8 lbs more then my own. The doc's office has told me they have heard back from other patients that their scales are apprx. 7 lbs off from other patients scales in thier own home.
Does anyone else on here have this same type of issue?? I just want to be accurate as I watch & try to break thru my readings w/ BMI. I should also add, that the scales @ my gym also have me weighing apprx. 5 lb's heavier then my own as well. ( Does kind of sound like I'm obbessing over the numbers doesn't it? But really, I don't think I am. Just looking for a real number for my weight is all! LOL ) Thanks for any input!!

Replies

• tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates throughout the day. So unless your weighing at the dr's the same time your weighing at homeI wouldnt worry about it. Just make sure your weighing the same time on the same scale with the same clothing (or lack thereof ) when you record your weight. Best way to be accurate.
  • shellrocker12
    shellrocker12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! That's the way I've been thinking, good to hear others do too!!