From fat to completing P90X (with pics)

Options
KZOsMommy
KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
Yesterday was 365 days of logging in for me and a friend said that I should write my success story. So here it goes. I have been on this journey for three years now. I have been with my husband since we were 18 years old and married for 13 years this summer. We have three wonderful children ages 9,7 (almost 8) and 6. We are a homeschooling family, my girls are figure skaters and my son plays hockey. When I am not busy with my kids, lol that does not happen often, I love to garden, do yard work and redo things around the house. I started out at 200lbs and only 5’5.

Here are a couple of my starting photos:

th_P2100151.jpg

th_P2160179.jpg

Then I found the biggest loser videos and jillian Michaels 30 days shred. I started working out three times a day! The weight just started to melt away. I was able to get down to 150lbs doing these workouts.

Here is a photo of me then:

th_P9190039-2.jpg

I then found p90x. I have to be honest I “tried” it for 30 days and thought that Tony Horton was so weird and the workouts were not hard enough. LMAO oh to be so stupid once again. I went back to just doing cardio, all different dvds. I got down to 145lbs.

Here is me then:

th_BiggerpicwithRyan.jpg

Well I then found ChaLEAN extreme and that showed me how much I love to lift. So I went a couple of rounds with Chalean Exteme (CLX) and a CLX/Turbo Fire Hybrid and gained some weight back. But all my clothes were still fitting so I threw that scale out and got myself a tape measure (when I started my journey I had a 41" waist and am now at a 29" waist).

Here I am at the end of a couple of rounds of ChaLEAN:

th_60day3.jpg

th_60day2.jpg

I have been stuck at this same weight for a LONG time (back up to 150-155lbs) but I am not giving up! I am seeing some awesome muscle now that I have smacked myself in the head and kicked my own *kitten* and completed p90x and gave it all I have. I lifted heavy (only being able to do 8-10 reps) and have been watching the kinds of food I take in. I now have a LOVE for Tony Horton that I NEVER thought I would! I have just started round 2 of p90x on Monday

Here is my 90 day p90x pics:

th_DSC02157.jpg

th_30dayp90x.jpg

Just remember: the key is hard work and dedication! Muscle burns more fat so Lift iron- GO HEAVY OR GO HOME!!!!!! Rome was not built in a day and neither was your body, weight loss takes time it is not a race it is a life journey.
One last VERY IMPORTANT reminder, you can not starve yourself thin people!!! FUEL YOUR MACHINE and it will repay you ten fold!

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    NICE WORK!!!!!
    =D
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Thank you Dan I could not have done it without all your advice :)
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Had never seen your starting pictures. I am impressed!! Your progress brings a smile to my face. Honored to have you as a friend. Don't let up, keep killing it.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!:smile:
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Thank you.J!! You are another one that I could not have made it this far without :)
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Great job!!!:smile:

Thank you!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Way to BRING IT! Incredible progress!!!! You look terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

(sidenote: i'm doing P90X and loving it...it's such an intense but wonderful program)
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You look great, awesome progress - keep it up!! :)
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Way to BRING IT! Incredible progress!!!! You look terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

(sidenote: i'm doing P90X and loving it...it's such an intense but wonderful program)

Thank you! Keep BRINGING IT!!!!
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    You look great, awesome progress - keep it up!! :)

Thank you :)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Great job! :flowerforyou:
    and I love Chalene too!
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You look great!

I did day 8 of the regular P90 this morning. I originally bought the P90X, but was too out of shape to even complete the pretest, so I got the P90 to get me started and will do the X after I'm done!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Great work, sticking with it has certainly worked.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You are doing so awesome!!! I always feel so lazy when I am just waking up and see that you have JUST completed some kick *kitten* workout of P90X or TFire!! LOL You inspire me - your energy is fantastic and your spirit is so positive all the time! I love it! You are one heck of an encourager too! I love having you on "my team" - total BA! Keep kickin' its *kitten*!!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    YEAH! You say it and it's truth. Rome, our bodies, movement, nutrition, hydration and honesty... :) Way to go!!!
  • Mom_4_More_Muscles
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!!! :happy: Wow!!!! I had never seen your beginning pics. You have done a FABULOUS job getting fit and healthy!!! LOVE the back pic! It's because of you and someone else very dear to both of us, ....that I EVER found the courage to put mine up.:blushing: I'm blessed to have you on my FL! oh yeah....and I've decided to try the Chaelean, too. :tongue: Should be interesting since I have BLANKETS older than you in my home!! :bigsmile: I love seeing your posts! You inspire me to do better and push myself every day!! Thank you for being the beautiful BA that you are!! Love ya, lady!! Keep ROCKIN' that BODY!!! WOooo HOOOooo!!!! :bigsmile:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    great transformation.
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    You look great!

I did day 8 of the regular P90 this morning. I originally bought the P90X, but was too out of shape to even complete the pretest, so I got the P90 to get me started and will do the X after I'm done!

Thank you! Keep up all your hard work! You will be p90x ready in no time :-)
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Great work, sticking with it has certainly worked.

Thank you, it sure has!
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    You are doing so awesome!!! I always feel so lazy when I am just waking up and see that you have JUST completed some kick *kitten* workout of P90X or TFire!! LOL You inspire me - your energy is fantastic and your spirit is so positive all the time! I love it! You are one heck of an encourager too! I love having you on "my team" - total BA! Keep kickin' its *kitten*!!!

Awe thanks girl! Right back at ya! Would not be here with out my BA sista :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!