it's a bittersweet day!

Options
tlc1222
tlc1222 Posts: 10 Member
Today is a bittersweet day. Yes, I finally met my weight loss goal.

However, today is the one year anniversary of when I took my son to rehab. It has been a difficult year and we've had many ups and downs. I prayed so much for him to break his drug addiction. I tried to relate and really couldn't because I've never had an addiction. I was diabetic and taking maximum doses of oral medicine. My eating was out of control.......sugar, diet cokes, etc. One day i thought, how can I expect him to walk away from drugs when I can't even control my bad eating habits which was killing me. It was then that I realized I did have an addiction.

I started my weight loss journey on 7/11/11. As of today, I have lost 65 pounds. Actually, the weight loss has been much easier than I expected. When I think about how easy it has been, I get angry with myself for not trying sooner. Now the maintenance process begins. This really scares me!

[image]http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh623/tlc1222/before and after/c97953f7.jpg[/img]
9cac01da.jpg
8e36e28b.jpg

Replies

• diandiener
    diandiener Posts: 4
    Options
    God bless you. keep up the good work! I hope your son is doing as well as his mom!!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And good for you for setting a good example for your son, he' s lucky to have a good mom. I wish you and him the best.
  • tlc1222
    Options
    Obviously I need training on posting pics from photobucket!
  • tlc1222
    Options
    c97953f7.jpg
    9cac01da.jpg
    8e36e28b.jpg
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Obviously I need training on posting pics from photobucket!

Try imgur.com, it's better. ;)

Good job by the way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!