5-10 lb loss in 1 Month!

Options
is it possible to lose 5-10 lbs in 1 month? Anyone here who has lost the last 5-10 lbs in a month or how long did it take you? What has helped you lose those last couple of pounds... it seems like the last couple of pounds are so stubborn to lose! Need your tips please!!

Replies

• EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Bump to read for any tips later.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If it's the last few pounds it likely won't come off in a month in any kind of healthy manner. Good luck with your goals though.
  • caytee118
    caytee118 Posts: 55
    Options
    when I first started I lost 8 pounds the first month, but when you get closer to your last few pounds it's sadly gonna take longer :( I still think it's possible but it will take healthy eating (no treats), hard workouts (that vary), and a lot of water (more than 8 glasses a day). If you followed that it might work, I'm trying it now too. I'm on my last few pounds. The only thing I can say is that you need to probably do intense workouts 6-7 times a week and that it will be hard but her it will be worth it if we succeed right? :D Sorry if this doesn't help at all :(
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If it's the last few pounds it likely won't come off in a month in any kind of healthy manner. Good luck with your goals though.

i agree, the healthy way - the way that guarantees long term results - is going to take time. Good luck in hitting your goals.
  • bdsweetie21
    bdsweetie21 Posts: 14
    Options
    In the last 30 Days, I've lost 8lbs. I only have 5lbs left till I'm at my ideal weight, so I think it is totally possible :D. I do an intense 2.5 hour work out on Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun, and try to do a nice walk and long stretch period if I have time on the other days. I stay between 1200-1300 calories of healthy foods everyday, with a balance of carbs, fat, and protein. I take the Green Tea pills I told you about (for extra energy), a daily multi-vitamin, a vitamin C supplement (to help keep from getting sick), and Lysine (helps with digestion if you get upset stomachs easily, which I do). Oh, and I cheat still. Like, I have a Wendy's burger, or a piece of cake every once in a while when I have room in my calories for the day (from exercise or from eating smaller portions on the other meals), and I need a little break from fruits n' veggies LOL.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Completely possible. I'm losing on average about 6lbs a month. I weight EVERYTHING down to the gram, stay within my calorie range, and use and HRM to get my EXACT calories burned based on my heart rate zones. To get that precise though, I went for VO2 testing and got my metabolic resting rate and my exercise rate to know my zones and how many calories to eat.
  • bdsweetie21
    bdsweetie21 Posts: 14
    Options
    Oh! I think I forgot to mention this before... I also do a monthly cleansing. Once a month on a weekend, I do a 24hour fast and drink a cup of Senna tea at night so I empty my system out completely. It does wonders for resetting your metabolism for the next month. I personally have noticed a difference in how much I lose in the first few weeks after I do the fast/senna and the last two weeks before I do another fast/senna. I'll lose between 2-3lbs in the first two weeks and between 1.5-2lbs in the last two weeks. I learned about it through a friend of mine who is super fit so I tried it. It really isn't the best experience to go through but the results are worth it :D. LOL
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    As the last pounds Im sure it wont be easy or even healthy. One trick you can try is one Ive read, A university (cant remember the name) suggested eating 50 grams of carbs or less for 2 consecutive days a week to practically double weight loss(of course coupling with exercise will give you even better results). I just did it this week and lost 5 pounds in almost 3 days....thing is I am much bigger than you. BUT this tip does work and its not a 2 week thing or something that isnt manageable.

If you want to work very hard and honestly, 2.5 hours working out intensly 4-5 days a week(interval and circuit training) and eating healthy can do the job. Ive done this too but I couldnt keep up with it
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS on almost being at goal btw!!! :drinker:
  • tarnbop
    tarnbop Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    As the others have said, it depends on where you are on your weight loss journey... I have lost 16 lbs in 3 weeks, but percentage wise, that's not a lot...(Just under 6%) but the first bit is always the easiest to shift..
    I guess a good healthy breakfast, lots of exercise and just taking good care of yourself.
    Good luck!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump for later