Wiifit and Zumba

Options
2»

Replies

• KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    If you're getting Zumba for the Wii, be sure its the Zumba 2 game you get - its the newest, and has real looking instructors (not shadow images).

I have to disagree here--that's personal preference. Personally I prefer the light-up shadow images in the first game. Just how my brain works, I guess. I've briefly played the second one, and while those instructors didn't bother me, it just seemed more distracting. I prefer my better graphics and flash for my RPGs and fighting games...if I'm just exercising, I'd prefer the least amount of distractions. That's just me. :tongue:
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have a wii with wii fit i recently purchase the zumba its a great way to burn sweat...i luv it n i have fun with it...
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I love my wii! The majority of my exercise is with the just dance games. I have zumba as well and that is an even better workout. And so much fun! The wii fit is not as much of a workout but there are lots of different things to choose from depending on the kind of day your having. Step, marching, mock cycling and running and a nice intro to yoga/strength. You will definitely see benefit in terms of overall balance and control of your body using it too. Not a waste of money at all :)
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I have a Wii and I love Just Dance 3 and Zumba for a great workout.
  • stargreen25
    stargreen25 Posts: 30
    Options
    I have the Wii Zumba 2. I would recommend that one instead of the first. It has better graphics. I love it and you can do 20 40 or 60 min classes. OR make your own! I agree on the hardwood floors though. Carpet sucks, but you still get a workout!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree that it helps more with the inches than the scale. I actually have the 7 disc zumba set and I just play it on my laptop but they are a great workout ! and a lot more fun than the jillian michaels videos I was stuck on before...even though she is amazing as well if you can stick to it!!!

I tried Jillian last week and I felt so depressed I couldn't keep up! I was in pain 5 minutes in and wanted to give up! SHe is a tough mother!

I have bought some of the exercise videos for dummies - I wont say that they are easy but they do explain everything very well and I find them a good starting point.

Can I just ask for those who do the Zumba is it the Zumba fitness game ( I have it but never played it).
  • cpettigrew
    cpettigrew Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't buy a Wii just so I could get the exercise games. I'd only buy the Wii if you are planning on it getting a lot of other use out because that is a lot of money. You could probably find good work out videos for less money. I already have a Wii so I have bought Wii Fit, Fit Plus, and Zumba. I definitely feel like I get a work out doing the Zumba. I also have EA Sports Active for the Wii and it's a good work out too.

Well I have wanted one for years anyway.. my boyfriend is finally looking on e-bay for a good deal.. I love Mario so, trust me I will be getting more use out of it than just buying it for Zumba haha!! But I just want to make my work out routines more fun so I don't feel so down on myself. Had a bad couple days!

Check out GameStop. That is where I got mine. Love the WiiFit, Wii Active, and Wii Sports. I have to change it up, tho. I bounce between the WiiFit, Wii Active, free weights, and whatever else strikes my fancy. Not so much into Zumba or Just Dance, I have 2 left feet. I have to keep my workouts changing, otherwise I start to stall and/or plateau.
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :wink:
    I have a Wii and use the Just Dance games and a Zumba game sometimes as my exercise. The dance games are fun and I do them with my daughter. The Zumba game is new and it kicks my butt on the lowest level. They are fun. I wear my HRM while doing these games so I know how many exercise calories to count.

Ok, so they aren't just lame games to make you THINK you are burning.. they actually burn calories? I have one friend who told me she see's results inch wise, but not anything weight wise on the scale.. which is ok..but I'm heavy and yet to see any real good numbers on that scale..but Inches work for me too haha. I won't complain!

Oh yea, I LOVE the Zumba for the Wii... awesome workout!!! You'll LOVE it!!! :happy: :laugh: :wink:
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    We have the Wii and the Golds Gym Dance Workout. I'm a clumsy guy and don't move that gracefully and it is quite a workout for me. I work up a pretty good sweat.
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my wii!! I do the wii fit with balance board and it tracks my weight! I love the fun things that I can do to burn calories! Great balance games and stengthing as well as yoga stuff! I want zumba (hope to get it next month) but there is a ton of great stuff to do on it!! I also do just dance and I love how fun it is to burn calories!! Good luck!! Blessings!! <><
  • hphd92love
    hphd92love Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love my Wifit...it is so fun..I also tried Zumba but had a bad knee and couldn't do it..Had knee replacement and still have to wait a bit before I can try Zumba again. I have about 5 Biggest Loser dvds and absolutely LOVE doing them. Good luck.
  • setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Zumba...Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! It works and it is fun. I bought the DVD's because its great! It is more of a work out then my gym sometimes lol!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I love Just Dance and Zumba 2 (I didn't care for the other one I have...not sure what it was called). Zumba 2 is fantastic and I can burn from 400-500/cals an hour. Just Dance burns equally as much for me (and my kids enjoy it while I get a work out).
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have the wiifit and a zumba game for the wii. I love both but they will only get you so far. Zumba is fun for cardio and the wii does cardio, strength and yoga but it's also a bit limited compared to going to a gym. The thing I really like wiifit for is the daily check ins. It'll weigh you and give you your BMI, you can check the weight but you have to tell it to. That way I can see my progress on my BMI, which to me is far more important than my weight. Both zumba and the wii fit are good tools to have but they work best when you pair them with other exercise. I do wiifit, zumba, biking and soon weight lifting. I think you can have results on it, just alone, but for me, I've noticed I get better results when it's not the only thing I do.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    There are different levels of difficulty in Just Dance, so you can choose how hard it is. For me Can't Touch This, Ring My Bell and Groove is in the Heart can make a decent workout :happy:
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Your welcome! Yes, I do know. :-)
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey, our local video store has video games to rent. If yours does, I strongly recommend renting & testing any games before buying. I have done it & it saved me money. :-)
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit (not the Plus, just the old regular one), and it's fun. It has games on there too, so it's not just all about exercise, which is nice to cool down to. I've never played the Plus one, so I'm not sure how different they are. I have the first Zumba game for the Wii, as well, and I love it! My boyfriend and I sweat buckets by the time we finish a game (we usually play for an hour). And like someone else said, you really feel it in your stomach area! It's really fun. I'd like to get the Zumba 2 game sometime to try it out, as well. Good luck with your search for the Wii! :flowerforyou:

I have had the old Wii Fit since it came out and we got the Fit Plus not long after it came out. There are a few more yoga and strength exercises then the old one, and about double the amount of "fun" games. There is some extra stuff in the aerobic section too like advanced stepping and free run and 2 player runs. Even bicycling now. The main difference is that in the plus you can set up a custom workout up to 60 minutes with whatever strength and yoga moves that you want and it will run it on a continuous stream so you aren't messing with the remote and lowering your heart rate to pick another move. They also have pre-made "workouts" that combine a game or 2 with aerobics, yoga or strength moves, and you can combine more then 1 of the pre-made sets together to make bigger set ups.

I bought an HRM last week and tried it with the Wii Fit because it was raining and I couldn't take the kids for a walk to test it. My HRM recognized a few more calories then the Fit did and I imagine that is the same as any "calorie counters" that base off a general 150lb person.
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit (not the Plus, just the old regular one), and it's fun. It has games on there too, so it's not just all about exercise, which is nice to cool down to. I've never played the Plus one, so I'm not sure how different they are. I have the first Zumba game for the Wii, as well, and I love it! My boyfriend and I sweat buckets by the time we finish a game (we usually play for an hour). And like someone else said, you really feel it in your stomach area! It's really fun. I'd like to get the Zumba 2 game sometime to try it out, as well. Good luck with your search for the Wii! :flowerforyou:

I have had the old Wii Fit since it came out and we got the Fit Plus not long after it came out. There are a few more yoga and strength exercises then the old one, and about double the amount of "fun" games. There is some extra stuff in the aerobic section too like advanced stepping and free run and 2 player runs. Even bicycling now. The main difference is that in the plus you can set up a custom workout up to 60 minutes with whatever strength and yoga moves that you want and it will run it on a continuous stream so you aren't messing with the remote and lowering your heart rate to pick another move. They also have pre-made "workouts" that combine a game or 2 with aerobics, yoga or strength moves, and you can combine more then 1 of the pre-made sets together to make bigger set ups.

I bought an HRM last week and tried it with the Wii Fit because it was raining and I couldn't take the kids for a walk to test it. My HRM recognized a few more calories then the Fit did and I imagine that is the same as any "calorie counters" that base off a general 150lb person.

As a side note. If you don't have a Wii Fit yet make sure you get the plus. The old one isn't worth it for the price the new one is. And if anyone has the old one and is considering the new one 19.99 isn't bad at all considering the cost of some of the other games out there.