What vitamins are you guys/gals taking???

Options

Replies

• mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    the only vitamins i take are

omega-3 fish oils
    and
    one a day fruiti-ssentials its adult multivitamin gummies
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ya think I am going to go back to the childrens and take B complex, vitamin C, vitamin D and fish oil.....does that sound about right????

I think that sounds fantastic!!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    9 vitamin pills in morning everything from multi to omega to milk thisle
    2 b12 1000mcg mid day
    2 life multi+mineral pre-bed
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I take gummi milti-vitamins. Started as a joke, but I've stuck with them, and they've been great. I also take a B-vitamin multi for energy.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Gummy vitamins are much easier on the stomach.
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    Taking the one a day multivitamin for women, healthy mind and body, and also glucosomine and chondrotin (for all the walking and workouts, make it easier on my kness) and gummy fiber. Definitely taking them with food otherwise they make me sick too.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    check out precisionnutrition

they say all we need as far as supplements are-

a multi vitamin- I get a gerneric at wal mart

a greens powder- I like the greens antioxidant complex by controlled labs

fish oil. I use controlled labs on this also (it is enteric coated)

and finally a protein powder if your foods arent supplying enough- I use micellar creme chocolate milk shake, its a cassein protein and gold standard whey, vanilla
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Unless you are big on dairy and dark greens, I would throw in some calcium. As a woman, take it now so you don't wish you had, later on.
    I take a multi (don't know the brand, I just read for content then buy)
    B 50 complex
    magnesium
    Glucosamine
    Fish oil
    Calcium with vit. D (total 1050 mg calcium. That along with healthy foods should cover me even though I'm non-dairy)

There are various reasons to take different things, and everyone is different. I take the magnesiumto help fight migraines and glucosamine because I'm 51 with arthritis in my neck & shoulders, but won't let it slow me down. Do what you need for you.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Controlled labs Orange Triad multi and Controlled Labs Omega Fish Oil
  • BeaterEater
    BeaterEater Posts: 15
    Options
    Vitamins used to make me sick to my stomach as well, even with food. I now take (when I remember :) GNC's Ultra Mega Green Vitapak. There are six tablets/capsules in little daily packets. There are a couple of multivitamins, a couple of calcium supplements, an omega-3 supplement, and a digestive enzyme supplement. I think it may be the digestive enzyme that makes all the difference. As long as I take the packet with food, I have no problems whatsoever. They are around $35 for a 30-day supply.
  • MommKatt
    MommKatt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think what you are taking sounds good. I take the GNC Longevity healthy aging program when I remember. It has vitamins C. E,B-6and B-12, calcium and zinc and fish oil. It also has a memory blend but I always forget to take them. I do hate the smell of some of them, but I can usually get most of them down. You do have to take them with meals or just after. I hope you find a vitamin that agrees with you. If your vitamin has iron, that may be too hard on your stomach. I used to have to take an iron supplement when I was younger...yuck.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    whatever you decide, stay away from GNC. Over priced hype. Get from amazon or other online store. Bodybuilding.com has good prices also.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    whatever you decide, stay away from GNC. Over priced hype. Get from amazon or other online store. Bodybuilding.com has good prices also.

ok :-)
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    +1 vote for gummy vitamins. Love those things.

Apparently I had a pretty severe Vitamin D3 deficiency; my doctor put me on a supplement of 10,000 units/day for a week, then stepped me down to 5,000 units/day, then down to 1,000 units/day. And then I went to Russia, somehow forgot the bottle of supplements that my mom gave me (or the TSA took my vitamins, either way I don't have them with me now), and I went from taking 1000 units of D3 per day to 200.

I feel OK, but I felt OK when I had the D3 levels of a post-menopausal woman, so I guess I'll see where I'm at when I get home.

I've also been told that a B12 supplement wouldn't be a bad idea, though I haven't started that, and I had fish oil capsules and then just neglected to buy more when that bottle ran out. I don't get the fishy burps or anything, I just never got around to it. I should start taking them again.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I take echinacea, calcium, lutein, spirulina, one-a-day, biotin, probiotics, and fish oil.
    Did you take the vitamins on an empty stomach? I've done that once.. bad idea.

And I watch Brenda Lee Turner from Leansecrets and she recommended 5HTP as an appetite suppressant, but I took it a couple times and I could not sleep!! I've never ever had sleeping problems before, so I stopped taking it. It might work for other people though..
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    What you take depends on your input... i eat 1200 cal n sometimes under so my blood is checked every 3 months because of this to stay ontop of any deficiencies.
    I take a multivitamin every day as well as B100 complex, B12, Vitamin D, Biotin, Calcium, Iron, Omega 3 soft gels, Senokot & Colace.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I don't take any vitamins.
    I get all my vitamins and minerals from my foods daily. They are more likely to be absorbed in higher quantities and don't have to make my liver do extra work.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    anyone in weightloss..especially with an amount to lose should take vitamin D ... i was told by my doctor. Also any woman in menopause should take calcium and vitamin D.

Due to weightloss..one may experience hair loss... hence why i take biotin...it promotes hair regrowth.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin, multi mineral (which includes calcium), probiotic, omega 3 capsule, grape seed extract (helps with blood circulation, I get fewer migranes), and glucosamine.
  • sxci8
    sxci8 Posts: 24
    Options
    iron and vitamin c