Fat Army Wife

Options
2»

Replies

• shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Fat Army wives unite to become thinner and healthier versions of ourselves! I've been in the lifestyle for the past almost 4 years years but have done nothing but get fatter since I met my husband back in 2004. In fact, I've gained an entire extra person worth of weight! So I have about 150-160 pounds to lose total and I'm already 38.4 pounds down from the beginning of this year. I just need to stay strong in about a month when we PCS back to the States and I have access to all this food that I haven't eaten in the past 3 years. I have two young children that I need to get healthier for, so they're my motivation.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness yes lol

I also stay at home so I am double trouble as far as Army Wife standards go haha

Edit: This was supposed to be a reply to the post about fat army wives stereotypes, oops.
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just finished watching a GREAT documentary called, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". I saw another post today where someone mentioned this movie being on Netflix (which I subscribe to) so I decided to watch it. It was absolutely FANTASTIC and I think it'll really inspire you. It's the story of two men and how they each shed weight and regained health through a plant-based diet. One lost 90 pounds, while the other lost over 200. I myself have gotten into more and more of a plant-based diet and have noticed my health go to a whole new level. You CAN DO IT!!!
  • Bxwarren13
    Bxwarren13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Army wiiiife here. Feel free to add me :) 23 lbs done, 20 to go! The next 20 I'll be dropping while the hubby is deployed for the first time :/ hopefully I can do it without emotionally eating!
  • Bobcatheaven
    Options
    Hi!! I am a fat RAF wife! Feel bad for my hubby as he didn't sign up for this when we met 6 years ago!! I now have 82lb to lose and a little boy who just turned one and is about to start walking!! We can do this together!! X!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Army wife here. Feel free to add me. I plan my meals for the week over the weekends :)
  • Bobcatheaven
    Options
    I just started yesterday and I did that with my food!! Worked really well as when I was tempted last night, I resisted because I didn't want to cheat and let myself down!! I am just about to plan out todays! X
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    Telling my hubby he's got to join the army now, so I can be a part of this elite group of beautiful women.

:flowerforyou:
  • brideofsuperman
    brideofsuperman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im a fat Ex-Army wife. Lol.

Feel free to add me. Really need to lose the 75-100 lbs I gained being an army wife. Man, that lifestyle and stress is HORRIBLE on your weight, though two pregnancies didnt help matters any.

Here's to losing weight together!! :)
  • jmespinosa
    jmespinosa Posts: 5
    Options
    There are a lot of Army wives here...You can count me in too. Army wife for 7.5 years. After 5 kids looking to lose 55lbs. My husband is still n the Army and we are in Fort Leonard Wood right now.

I am doing Insanity, Elliptical, and weights. Looking forward getting to our goals together.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    We've got really similar goals! I've sent you a friend request :)