How much sleep do you get?

Options
Lift_hard_eat_big
Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
I average 4 hours a night, usually waking up 1-2 times. But lately, I've been waking up almost one the hour and takes me 10-15 mins to fall back asleep. I'm feeling lethargic during the day and it's starting to effect my training. I don't rely on caffeine for the most part, unless if I'm terribly dragging or if I have to do double shifts.

On average, how many hours of sleep do you get? Do you get non-interrupted sleep, or do you wake up in the middle of the night? How do you feel throughout the day?

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 3 hours (busy late night studying or procrastinating) to 10 hours (catching up on lost sleep :laugh: )
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Not Enough!
    God Bless STARBUCKS!!!! :wink:
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I usually sleep 7-8 hours, but I wake up 2-3 times per night for various reasons. I don't typically have much trouble going back to sleep tho
  • gettingthinandfit
    Options
    Ironically I'm replying to this because I can't sleep.

I get around 7 usually, but its off and on throughout the night. I have a really hard time getting and staying asleep :/
  • Mistie072
    Mistie072 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm probably averaging about the same. 4-5 hours a night. During the day I feel full of energy. Sometimes even an excessive amount of energy. However, if I'm at home I can't keep my eyes open. When I go to bed all the sudden I'm awake and can't fall back to sleep.
  • tnmomof3
    tnmomof3 Posts: 177
    Options
    Need more
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I usually get 6-7 on week days, 8-10 on weekends. Provided my bronchitis is under control, I usually sleep through the night. However, I am usually very tired. I've got a lot of health issues right now, so that could be causing it.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'll probably get ZERO hours tonight. I have a take home final due Monday that was not assigned until yesterday. I also have three kids under four, so yeah, I average about 5 hours a night of very interrupted sleep with my 6mo.
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    I sleep on average 8.5 to 9 hrs a night. I usually have to get up once or twice to go the the bathroom , because I drink so much water throughout the day.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    6 to 7 hours. I do fine on that, but any more or less and I'm toast the next day. On my days off, sometimes, I'll sleep longer (8 to 10 hours), and I'm fine for the first few hours of the day, but I wear out really quickly after that.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    Usually about 6-7 hours. When I get a chance and try to sleep as long as I possibly can, usually no more than 10 hours. As far as waking up, at least 1-2 times per session. That's all I know. Sometimes it's worse, but I work 3rd shift and sleep during the day. I have plenty to distract me
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    heh, not quite enough... Probably about 5-6 hours depending on what time I have to get up.
  • Vgbarash
    Vgbarash Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    On nights that I work morning shift, I go into slumber at midnight and wake up early, so around 4-5.5 hours. If I work the afternoon shift, I usually go to sleep past 2 am, and can sleep anywhere between 7-12 hours. On the day of night shift/end, I sleep about 4-5 hours.

When I was in college I averaged 8 hours a day, max as high as 14! Haha
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I average 4 hours a night, usually waking up 1-2 times. But lately, I've been waking up almost one the hour and takes me 10-15 mins to fall back asleep. I'm feeling lethargic during the day and it's starting to effect my training. I don't rely on caffeine for the most part, unless if I'm terribly dragging or if I have to do double shifts.

On average, how many hours of sleep do you get? Do you get non-interrupted sleep, or do you wake up in the middle of the night? How do you feel throughout the day?

This question I can answer in detail, because I suffer from a sleep disorder called "alpha intrusion," and I sleep wearing a brain wave monitor that tells me exactly how much time I spend in each sleep level, my total time asleep and awake, and number of wakings. I usually go to bed at around 10pm and get up at 5:30am. On average my total sleep time is around 5 hours; 4-12 minutes in deep (stage 3/4--delta waves) sleep, 20-60 minutes REM (stage 2), the remainder in light (stage 1--alpha waves) sleep. My average number of awakenings in a night is from 9-17. The lack of stage 4/delta wave sleep is what seems to be the cause of my severe nerve pain, though my cancer treatment made that worse.

If you are having trouble sleeping and it interferes with your life, talk to your doctor about a sleep study. Some sleep problems are very treatable. (Others, not so much, but you never know unless you check it out.)
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    7-9 but that can change to 2-3 depending on whether my daughter is teething/ill/in a bad mood!
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Weeknights usually 4ish hours... stay up late like 1 or 2 a.m. and then get up early for school 4 or 5 sometimes 5:30 a.m. On the weekends I usually get 13ish hours ha.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    4-6 I work all kinds of crazy shifts so I sleep when I can. Usually interrupted by phone calls or kids, some times the cats and dog too.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    IT RANGES FROM 5 TO 6 BUT ITS NOT GOOD SLEEP I WAKE UP AT LEAST 2 OR 3 TIMES I GET MY BEST SLEEP DUING DAYTIME HOURS
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    I pull a lot of all-nighters so sometimes none at all. Before I used to get 4 hours a night but now I get even less.

Oh and my sleep is interrupted a lot. I've been waking up every hour as well.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    I average 4 hours per night ... It's awful.. I need and want more sleep .. It takes me a while to fall asleep .. once I do .. I am awoken by one of my two toddlers who still wake 2-3 times per night .. Sooo even that 4 hours is interrupted ... as my kids grow I know this will improve .. patience n time .....ohhh what I would give for 8 hours straight lol