miracle noodle??

Options
13»

Replies

• nutandbutter
    nutandbutter Posts: 447
    Options
    They are definitely chewier than normal pasta so they work better in some dishes than others. You definitely have to experiment with them.
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just had NOoodles for dinner. We bought them from QVC. They were so stinky and I heard I didn't rinse them well enough. I'll know better for next time. With zero calories I was able to smother them in a nice spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese and all for 90 calories! A miracle :)
  • meat03man
    meat03man Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    They are ok, I made them with some orange chicken I found a recipe for on here and the honey orange sauce was good with them, tasted like a low calorie chinese meal but not as good as full chinese. Anyways I ordered on amazon.com you can get them really cheap if you use the subscribe and save option and cancel as soon as you get the first order. I am an amazon junky though so I buy pretty much everything on there.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    miracle noodle?? It's a miracle I made it to the bathroom in time! :frown: lol

This must be why some people think they are "Zerocalorie" :bigsmile:
  • pyororon
    pyororon Posts: 22
    Options
    I grew up with konyaku (yam cake, what shirataki noodles are made of) and I can't imagine life without it. Try looking in your nearest asian supermarket for them. If they're not labelled in english, they'll be labelled "しらたき".
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I use the NoOodles angel hair kind that I've found at Whole Foods and Wegmans. Like others have said, they are bland by themselves and smell coming out of th package, but a good rinsing gets rid of the smell. They pick up the flavors in whatever you're mixing in. I love them and still feel like I'm eating pasta. :)
  • marsun1
    marsun1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can not live without my Miracle Noodles. I am allergic to wheat and mild diabetic. I have experimented with many of the different shapes and created recipes to replace much of what I can not have. You can go to www.miraclenoodle.com to view user's recipes and purchase the product. Not cheap, but at least I can not have pasta and rice. Make sure tha tyour prep them as instructed, I prep three or four at a time and store them in the frig in containers with a paper towel on the bottom and on top so I have them ready for a quick meal.
  • toliver1970
    toliver1970 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree. Ive tried both ways, and dry frying them does make a huge difference. I will definately do it like that in the future!