Has Anyone Lost 25 pounds in 1 month??

Options
Jstud3232
Jstud3232 Posts: 11 Member
The reason i ask is because im on a mission to accomplish it my May 25. I was wondering if anyone else is on goal similar to mine, might sound crazy but i thinks its def possible!

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    They do on The Biggest Loser - due to the combination of about 8 hours a day of exercise, a very low calorie diet, and having a very large BMI to begin with. For the average person, it's pretty unreachable. Not impossible, but do you really want to put your body through that stress?
  • Jstud3232
    Options
    I wouldnt really call it stress since i do enjoy exercise i think its fun and great for all of us. I played sports all my life and trained intense all the time and its carried on to this day im 23 and put it all out when i work out. But ill try will see how i end up my May 25 lol
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Unless you weigh something like 500 pounds that's seriously unhealthy.
    You don't look like you have much to lose in your photo, so 1, maybe 1.5 a week is pretty much it! Just eat well, work out and do what you can!! Low carb will give you a few more pounds, but that will be mostly water weight that will be regained when you add carbs back in.
    Why do you have to lose so much so quickly?!
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    Unless you don't eat, exercise pretty much 12 hours a day and pray for a miracle, then I don't think so, sorry.
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    I lost 10 in a week once, but then although I didn't gain any back, further weight loss was stalled for a while.

I've seen people lose 25+ in a month. Each time they've stalled or gained it back.
  • Jstud3232
    Options
    The reason is because im going to be heading to Lake Havasu so im just looking to trim down the extra inches i put on , and of course i waited to the last month lol what a dummy but its good hard work ill let you know were i end up on the 25th. The most i lost was like 6 pounds in a day and im pretty sure its was all water weight , and that was when i was in JC football. N no im note starving myself check out my log and tell me what you think
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't public.
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    Guys do lose more than women, but I would not put myself under the stress of losing so much weight by such date. Just do your best . If you don't reach that, just keep it up after the month is over. I am sure you didn't gain it in one month, so don't expect to lose it in one month.
  • meat03man
    meat03man Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have alot to lose and I have lost about 40 pounds in the last 2 months so if your a big guy I think it's possible, I could have lost more but try to get close to my daily calories I think I could have pulled it off. But like I said I have about another 120 pounds to lose.
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well they say 1lb =3,500 calories... so 25 x 3,500 = 87,500... thats a daily calorie deficit of around 3,000... . an hour walk burns around 200-300 calories (depending on your weight to begin with), so that's a hell of a lot of exercise AND a hell of a lot amount of very strict clean food, and not much of it.

If it was easy, more people would do it, but most people generally lose 1-2 a week, which is what your body can safely cope with.

I've been here 65 days, and I work out 300 minutes a week (often closer to 400) and I eat clean and around 300 less than my BMR (NET after work out), I am losing just over 1lb a week. Have lost between 9-10lb since beginning. My BMI started at 35, so I was heavy to begin with.

It's much likely to stay off if you lose it slowly and LEARN why you gained it in the first place, thus learning how to prevent putting it back on.

Good luck
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    wow are you trying to maim yourself.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

yep. when I started at nearly 500 lbs. I dropped 30 lbs. in 1 week.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Trimming the inches won't come from excessive weight loss. You'll likely still not get the look you're going for. I'd hit up the heavy weights with a plan because that will change the way your body looks without a shirt on at the beach, not burning excessive amounts of calories and pounds. Sounds like you're going more for aesthetics which means you need muscle...
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thats really not good. I know it seems it now, but it wont when you have loadsa lose skin to contend with. :( Your body/skin wont be able to handle that, and even if you are excercising alot, its still important to have rest days. 1lb a day is not realistic... Even if you were using some sort of supplement/pill etc (im not saying you are at all) that would still be unrealistic.

Why not lower your goal slightly and give yourself a break?

Its a marathon not a sprint... a life style change and all the jazz!! lol

Good luck to you, and i hope you succeed with a slightly lower goal!! :)
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    On december 27th i weighed 256 pounds. I decided to do something about it on my birthday (jan 2) , by february 3 i lost 23 pounds and a total of 54.5 to date. I am pretty strict and exercise everyday and agree that if your not on the heavier side to begin with losing that much weight in one month can cause more damage than good . I would clean up my eating ,drink plenty of water and start a strength training/cardio program. this way you can tone up and look healthier and possibly lose 5 pounds in the process.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Yes

Will you?

No

Will you damage yourself trying?

Possibly.

Is it worth it?
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different but if you only have 30 or 40 pounds to lose losing 25 of that in a month is likely not possible, unless you cut off a couple of body parts. As others have already said the bigger you are the quicker you lose, in most cases, but even with massive amounts of exercise your body is not going to burn 25 pounds of "fat" in a month. When you lose weight the "fat" you lose is being burned as energy. You would have to have your nutrition intake exactly correct for your body to only burn the fat you have stored in that short time frame. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but probably a very lofty goal. Like I said everyone is different but it took me almost 8 months to lose 30 or so pounds and not look "skinny fat". Good luck! But remember it is going to take some time. Most of us didn't put on the extra weight in a month, so losing it in a month is probably not going to happen. But keep us posted, I would love to be proved wrong! :wink:
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Trimming the inches won't come from excessive weight loss. You'll likely still not get the look you're going for. I'd hit up the heavy weights with a plan because that will change the way your body looks without a shirt on at the beach, not burning excessive amounts of calories and pounds. Sounds like you're going more for aesthetics which means you need muscle...

that ^^^^^
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

yep. when I started at nearly 500 lbs. I dropped 30 lbs. in 1 week.

Most of which was more than likely water.

Given todays date, 6th, and you want it by the 25th...thats roughly a daily deficit of 4,605 cals. So, assume you eating 1500, you'll have to burn 6.1k cals a day. That's the maths anyway. So yes, it's possible. But, at you current weight, highly unlikely and could well seriously damage you.
  • Well, I can't exactly call it right. I have had abdominal/pelvic issues the last 3 weeks.

I've dropped 18 pounds in 19 days. Mind you, I was 324 to start. I'm 306 now. I was full of so much bile and gas, it wasn't funny. Still kinda am. Not nearly as much though. Had an X-Ray, CT Scan, and sadly I have to get a Colonoscopy. (I say sadly because, well, you know what they do in a Colonoscopy. Not looking forward to making friends with a magical wand...). Had 3 blood work tests (in all, about 15 viles of blood taken) in 3 weeks.

Everything was normal. Well, it says it is. So let's hope it stays the same.

Just not sure when the weight loss will end.