Breast Augmentation and Exercise

Options
To all the ladies out there who are fitness buffs and have had a breast aug; as you know, once you hit a certain fitness level and body fat percentage, you lose your "puppies". I have decided to reward myself with a new set. Never thought I would need them until now. However, I am terrified about the set back it will cause in the gym and my fitness level. Can anyone share their experiences with how long you were out of the gym, recovery time, weight gain, etc? I want to be prepared as possible to decide if it's worth it. I have worked way too hard to get this far to throw it all out the window!

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I just had mine done April 26th. I haven't really exercise since, Ive been pretty sore. I'm trying to walk around more, like the neighborhood or at Busch Gardens to get some exercise. My doctor said I need to take more Ibuprofen and get more of the swelling down. I'm still a little tired, but that's from having to sleep in an upward position. (I'm usually a belly sleeper.) I'm doing all of the massages as well, and of course my husband doesn't mind helping with those either. :) Good luck!
  • kedwardspcm
    kedwardspcm Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! Would you say it was worth it?
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

I'm still pretty sore and occasionally taking the pain meds from the doctor...but I also had a lift with my implants, so mine is a little more recovery than just simply adding implants. So far though, I am happy. He wasn't able to add the cc's I wanted because of the lift. I have to let the incisions heal, thenn go back and add more if I want to. he couldn't add any more into the implant because he didn't want the incisions opening from being stretched too much. Other than that, I'm happy and so is the hubby! lol
  • kedwardspcm
    Options

I'm still pretty sore and occasionally taking the pain meds from the doctor...but I also had a lift with my implants, so mine is a little more recovery than just simply adding implants. So far though, I am happy. He wasn't able to add the cc's I wanted because of the lift. I have to let the incisions heal, thenn go back and add more if I want to. he couldn't add any more into the implant because he didn't want the incisions opening from being stretched too much. Other than that, I'm happy and so is the hubby! lol

That's awesome. Thank you so much for the info!!!
  • kedwardspcm
    Options
    bump
  • ChefSuzzieQ
    ChefSuzzieQ Posts: 119
    Options
    My friends recently had hers done, she couldn't do upper body for 8 weeks and had lost a good deal of strength in that time. But she is back at it and hoping to do a fitness competition in August.
  • kedwardspcm
    Options
    My friends recently had hers done, she couldn't do upper body for 8 weeks and had lost a good deal of strength in that time. But she is back at it and hoping to do a fitness competition in August.

That's encouraging! Thank you!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I had mine done two years back, but I was pretty sore for a while and didn't even contemplate exercise soon after! I was living on pain pills for a couple days, LOL. But my good friend went to the same doctor, got hers done and she was fine a couple days after only taking some Motrin. Honestly, I wasn't into fitness at the time but wanted to throw in my two cents to say it was worth it!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm still pretty sore and occasionally taking the pain meds from the doctor...but I also had a lift with my implants, so mine is a little more recovery than just simply adding implants.

Same thing here...I had a lift as well and my recovery was definitely longer/harder than my friend who just got implants.
  • kedwardspcm
    Options
    I'm still pretty sore and occasionally taking the pain meds from the doctor...but I also had a lift with my implants, so mine is a little more recovery than just simply adding implants.

Same thing here...I had a lift as well and my recovery was definitely longer/harder than my friend who just got implants.

Thank you for your feedback! I am going under the muscle but without the lift. I hope my recovery is fast!