Not losing weight plz help

Options
Hi There
Please help
Not losing weight at all. Started 1200 kal 17 of april, after first week lost 1.7 kg then 2d week hit the plateau. Read some topics on MFP and decided to increase my food intake to 1400 kal because my BMR is 1480 kal. Well, third week and I'm stuck. What I doing wrong?

Would like to mention that I do not exercise!!! I know, I know - lazy bones lol

Replies

• TKishjr
    TKishjr Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm no expert on this stuff by any means, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. Try adding some walking into your routine, or maybe even some mild indoor exercise. Also, look at everything about the foods you eat, not just the calories. My two cents worth, advice given and $.99 will get you a medium coffee at Speedway. :-)
  • om98
    om98 Posts: 48
    Options
    Increase your water intake ...may help
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Check the link on my profile.
    PM me if you need help.

Hugs!
  • wender125
    wender125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Patience, young Jedi.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Open the diary. Can't help much if we don't know what and when you eat. Need to talk send me a message! I'll be home all day.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    you are still eating under your BMR... so far everyone i know that has done that has had this same stuff happen....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/512956-tdee-what-is-it-and-why-you-should-not-eat-below-your-bmr

READ THAT!! it has changed my whole outlook on losing and has started me on a healthy loss and im not hungry and tired and cranky all the time. :-)
  • Sarena3
    Sarena3 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just come off period of doing everything right, right amount of calories, right amount of exercise, except one thing. Could not lose. In fact gained 2 lbs when I made this one change. What was the change? I went back to eating processed foods for convenience. So went back to home cooked, clean foods. Lost 2.5lbs literally overnight. Was it the salt in processed foods? Anyway, look not just at the calories but where the calories are coming from. And don't forget it all works together so sleep, exercise and water will have an impact. Good luck. Hope you find your answers. It's seems different for everyone.
  • nanagaye
    nanagaye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I have been using the HCG diet (drops) for a month. I have lost 6 pounds. My friends have lost mass quantities of weight. However, what the drops have helped me do is regain my eating habits. So, I have decided to show a little patience. Everyone's body is different and maybe you don't have a lot of fat to lose. You are definitely not alone. AND a little exercise goes a long way. It even makes you feel better (well it does me anyway). Good luck and stick with it.
  • amonieg
    amonieg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm no expert either but I agree if you add some time of exercise (walking does wonders) I bet you'd start losing! Walking is the best exercise to start with! Go for it and add me for some extra support! I could use some too.
  • bulka76
    bulka76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for help and support!!!

Just a sec trying to figure out how to open my diary for public viewing and futher support!!1

I just want to say, that I messed up my metabolism big time with yoyo dieting.......
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    We are talking about THREE WEEKS...and you are throwing around words like plateu and not losing weight!!
    Your body does not work according to a calender - give it time to adapt for goodness sakes...You did not put the weight on in three weeks did you?? Patience is a vertue>>>
  • PattiJMB
    PattiJMB Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi---yes! the writer above is correct, sleep, exercise and water help and looking at the salt intake is key. I have also found when I am stuck adding spices like ginger, turmeric and cayenne can rev up the old motor especially if I am drinking green tea and including oranges or tangerines in my daily meals or snacks...Do these tricks really work or are they just a way to psych my body? Don't really know--- but that plus whole grains, whole foods and including calcium e.g. from yoghurt or some other source seems to help. Adding fish for a few meals is my other secret weapon..that and fresh veggies...and if you can[t get to the gym housework can really burn off cal:smooched: ories!!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Hi There
    Please help
    Not losing weight at all. Started 1200 kal 17 of april, after first week lost 1.7 kg then 2d week hit the plateau. Read some topics on MFP and decided to increase my food intake to 1400 kal because my BMR is 1480 kal. Well, third week and I'm stuck. What I doing wrong?

Would like to mention that I do not exercise!!! I know, I know - lazy bones lol

There are a copule of factors here... First off, I don't know what your profile looks like. 90% of the time I see this complaint it is made by people who really should not be trying to lose weight at all.. Sometimes, it is obvious they are anorexic and trying to lose weight beyond what they should... I am not saying that this is you... I see that your ticker on your page indicates that you really are not trying to lose a great deal of weight... Just a couple of KG... This suggests that you are very close to your goal weight and most likely this is a lot of the problem. Many times I see profiles like this, what they really need is not so much weight loss but muscle toning...

This brings us to the hard part... (Not really hard but we think it is)... If there is something we really want, we are going to have to do the things it takes to get it... The only way you are going to tone muscles (or lose more weight for that matter) is by putting in a little sweat equity... exercise. Diet alone cannot help you achieve your goals... That being said, I am a card carrying member of the couch potato society... I hate to exercise... well, I DID hate to exercise... Until I started doing it. NOW, I miss it if I cannot go to the gym a day.. and start getting cranky if I have to miss 2 in a row... Muscle toning comes through strength training ... and the cardio would do your heart good... My suggestion is to get in there and start exercising.. Once you do.. I think it will be hard to stop...

Best wishes on attaining your goals.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I have been using the HCG diet (drops) for a month. I have lost 6 pounds. My friends have lost mass quantities of weight. However, what the drops have helped me do is regain my eating habits. So, I have decided to show a little patience. Everyone's body is different and maybe you don't have a lot of fat to lose. You are definitely not alone. AND a little exercise goes a long way. It even makes you feel better (well it does me anyway). Good luck and stick with it.

Your problem is probably that you're using HCG.
  • bulka76
    Options
    Hi
    Thank u for the post
    Im far from anorexic, Im started nearly 76 kg and my first goal is 69 kg. Which is more then 1 stone to hit the target. I know that I'm lazy but I'm not sitting on the sofa 24/7 and watch tv- as a housewife pleanty to do - cleaning, shopping, garden etc etc
    I'm planning to hit the gym after I reach my first goal which is 69 kg, just to tone my body a bit.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Your problem is probably that you're using HCG.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MrsCon40/view/hcg-a-handy-reply-to-the-multitude-of-quick-fix-seekers-148860
    I agree. Whoever is using HCG, please read this blog.
  • sjwhite7
    sjwhite7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

You are awesome for this! I have read many posts on this topic and not once have I seen this...Or maybe I have but somehow overlooked it. But I must say that I am on month 4 of my weight loss journey and have lost 32lbs. I am 19lbs away from my current goal and weight loss has really slowed down for me. These posts have really brought some clarity into what is going on with my body and mind at the present moment. Many things that have happened to me in the last 4 months are in these posts. I really thank you for this.

For the original OP all I can tell you is DONT quit. It does take time and patience but it is so worth it. Listen to the people here and ask questions. People here can be truly inspirational and helpful in your journey. This journey is your journey and when you have to work harder to get where you are wanting to be you will be proud of your struggle and its payoff. It is very rewarding! Keep your head up and keep going strong. Don't let anything get in your way especially a plateau because you will break through it! Good luck with your weight loss!
  • bulka76
    Options
    Thank you very much I will no quit, I guess I just want to lose weigh for my holiday which is in June!!
  • bulka76
    Options
    Hi Fitness Pal Friends

Just one question - should I eat 1200 kal by MFP or my BMR net which is 1480 kal - with no exercise???

Advice would be much appreciated!!!

Cheers