Replies

• chattychick
    chattychick Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep going!
  • lfm1968
    lfm1968 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So happy to hear this - Congratulations and keep up the very hard work!
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on you 6 months of sobriety!! Praying that you continue on the positive path you have been on!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That is SO MUCH more than just an NSV. That is just a plain VICTORY! Excellent for you and for those in your life. Living around alcoholics for too long during my life I understand the hardship you are going through. Be strong. Know that you CAN make it through without the help of a depressant and that you are stronger than whatever comes your way. Believe it and it will be true.
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Everyones posts made me cry!

Thank you one and all. I am extremly proud of what I have achieved over the last 6 months, it was a long journey to get here and I'm not going to waste it as I have so many times in the past.

Thanks again x
  • Coco_puff901
    Coco_puff901 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment, Truely awesome !! Keep up the good work :)
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Have to agree it's not just a NSV but an overall victory. This is absolutely amazing and so inspiring. You did what so many can't bring themselves to do and are so much stronger for it. Congrats on all your accomplishments so far and good luck on all your future goals :flowerforyou:
  • heatherAnnXOX
    heatherAnnXOX Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! that is really awesome!!! such a great achievement. wishing you the best as you continue!
  • ImaKnitter67
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Your post gives me hope for someone I love who is struggling. Keep on keepin' on!
  • kaydensmom12
    kaydensmom12 Posts: 338
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I know what an amazing accomplishment that it truely is since I am a recovering addict/alcoholic also! It will be 3 years for me on July 2nd, free of alcohol/drugs/heroin after a 7 year battle:)
  • newgrandma2011
    Options
    That is great. My husband is 2 years sober and he has lost alomst 100 pounds. It is very hard to quit and stay that way.
  • ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I lost my 44 yr old brother to alchohol 2 years ago and miss him everyday! You are taking your life back, CONGRATULATIONS!! Keep up the amazing work one day at a time :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Awesome :)
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    OP, this is a HUGE NSV. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • michellelmcc
    michellelmcc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you! Sometimes you need someone to be proud of you. I know I do. You are doing great keep it up. I'm pulling for you.:smile::happy: :love:
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Fanatastic:flowerforyou:
    (My husband has been in recovery for almost 22 years.)
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best NSV's ever. Thank you for sharing, and I truly admire you
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    OUTSTANDING!!! Only you, and those who've taken the same journey, know just how huge it really is. The rest of us can only speculate, admire and cheer on someone such as yourself. Great job; keep it rollin'! Ciao, Marc
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Awesome victory! ! I am so proud of you. Stay strong. We are all here cheering for you!
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That's just a flat-out victory in my book. Congratulations! Alcoholism is so destructive psychologically, physiologically and relationally. It's the very best gift you could have given yourself.

Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!