trouble tracking food

I have been having trouble tracking my food! exercise i can track no problem but i always forget to track what i eat! What are your tips on how and when you track? I do have the app on my phone.... Is it easier to preplan meals?

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    I have been tracking for about 6 months now and I have always done preplan. I find it is easier to plan the night before and then just bring that food to work with me. When I get home I already know what to make so I just make my dinner and then before bed plan the next day. It doesn't always work out perfect as things do come up but then I use the app on my phone to make my changes.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Yes, pre-plan your meals and plug them into MFP the night before or at least in the morning. It's better to have that as a framework. You can make adjustments later.

Really, you just have to stop for a few seconds to note down what you're eating.
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    I have the app. also and usually just log it in through my phone after im done with a meal/snack that way I don't forget what ive eaten by the end of the day. Only takes a few seconds each time really....
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    im having issues with tracking i cant always get on and i forgit too but my major issue is i dont do the cooking so i have no idea what goes in things any ideas
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    I'm boring. I eat the exact same thing for breakfast and lunch daily with little variation. So I enter breakfast and lunch in the day before, then I can start planning out supper and exercising accordingly. ;)
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    im having issues with tracking i cant always get on and i forgit too but my major issue is i dont do the cooking so i have no idea what goes in things any ideas

For most things, there's a "generic" entry. Find something as close to what you are eating and use that. It's not ideal, but as long as you're in the ballpark some data is better than no data.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    I just have to make the time to put in what I'm eating. Which is sometimes annoying if I'm with other people because I'll stop and type it all into my phone before I eat to make sure its not going to mess up my whole day. :0/

Your could carry a mini notebook and write down what you eat and then when you have a few minutes just catch up on everything you've eaten so far.