My 1st NSV -please, don't laugh!

Options
2»

Replies

• mamabosha
    mamabosha Posts: 22
    Options
    Way to go. I know what you mean. Feels great, doesn't it.
  • bethb03
    bethb03 Posts: 96
    Options
    Ok, I'll show my ignorance and go ahead and ask... what does "nsv" stand for? :blushing:
    And I don't think that's a small thing at all! I was sitting in the chair in my living room today and thinking to myself I'll sure be glad when I can sit in a chair and it not look like I'm half reclining just because I'm so fat I can't sit back all the way in the chair! Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    That is NOTHING to be embarrassed about! Any victory, no matter how small, is STILL a victory! Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I definatly know what you mean. There was a time i could not put my leg over another leg to put on my socks. I had to put my feet on a chair. Now i can bend my legs and put on my socks. I think all these little steps keep us going.This nsv is the first of many. Today i went to get dressed and saw this pair of brown pants in my closet and thought hmm lets see if they fit. They did they are a 22, I was wearing a 26. My 24's were getting lose so it figures .
  • sjwhite7
    sjwhite7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great NSV (non-scale victory)! I wouldn't laugh at all.. My first NSV was not struggling to do the (reach around) technique in the bathroom. LOL if ya know what I mean. Little things like that can be bigger victories than the scale because you actually feel the changes in those little achievements. When things used to be a struggle and no longer are, thats when you know how much healthier you are becoming! Great Job, keep it up!
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    Options
    yeah go you:smile:
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!!
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I hear ya.... when I first clued in that I was crossing my legs more and not getting uncomfortable... that got me excited. :)

My uncle use to tell us to cut your toenails over the toilet so you flush the cut off parts down the drain. Just an FYI!
  • joyce1129
    joyce1129 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE NSV! Congratulations; this will be the first of many!
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful. i've lost 11 lbs and NOTHING has budged LOL.. it's nice to see milestones!!!
  • momo2011Tuck
    momo2011Tuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed! That is an awesome thing! I bet it felt great! Keep it up! :)
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    THats awesome!~ (hugs):bigsmile:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    That is a very Good NSV.That's one I could have wriitten. I have been there.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! I reached the point during my last pregnancy where I could no longer reach my feet (and I didn't get to that point at all during my first pregnancy), and my feet were so swollen that I could only wear flip flops, so my toes needed to be done, and I had to go get a professional pedicure. I was still like that for a while after the baby was born. He's now 10.5 months old and I'm able to cut and paint my own toes again. You are doing wonderfully! Keep up the good work.
  • weaverfit
    weaverfit Posts: 124
    Options
    All the little milestones are cause for celebration. :happy:
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hey kudos to you

For taking the initiative
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!