Does it really work

Options
Hi my is sheree I Joined in last week, I love to hear from people who lost weight on MFB.or did you guys lost weight using another diet method with that programme.please I need to know so I can stick to it.love to read your story for inspiration.thanksi

Replies

• Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292
    Options
    i started working out 5 to 6days per week...and was stuck on 218 down from 250. i was at my wife's 40th bday party and noticed one of her friends, and she looked amazing. i asked what was she doing and this app was mentioned. from then on, my 218 became 183, and going down...

it's a life saver imo...as long as you have dedication and focus. huge tool, to help you realize on how bad you actually eat.
  • tomphil
    tomphil Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks a lot for your reply. I have lost 15kg with Weight watchers I need to loose another 7kg but its not happining I do 4 to 5 of exercise a week but I can't see any resul9t anymore. Thank you that's really help
  • jazziebby
    jazziebby Posts: 1
    Options
    My aunt was very over weight, she lost soooo many pounds so fast thanks to this website. I just had a baby & thought I'd try it out & I've lost 5 pounds in a week THE HEALTHY WAY though. A lot of my other family members are now doing it as well.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I started this February 27th and I've lost 15 pounds and it was the easiest I ever lost weight. What I like about it is I can eat what I want just in moderation. I only walk 4 times a week for about 25 minutes and I still manage to lose. I look at this as not a diet but a change of eating habits. I'm 50 and what I used to do wasn't working for me anymore so my daughter encouraged me to do this and I am forever grateful for that.
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi

I swear by MFP - it has made a real difference to my journey...

Lucy
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It has helped me lost 65+ lbs, mainly increasing my awareness and control over what I put in my body
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It does but you need to use commen sense & keep on going with it. It's mostly all in your attitude!

That being said I have lost weight on my own & on MFP & it comes off much faster with seemingly less effort when i use MFP!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Hi my is sheree I Joined in last week, I love to hear from people who lost weight on MFB.or did you guys lost weight using another diet method with that programme.please I need to know so I can stick to it.love to read your story for inspiration.thanksi

Just go to the Success Stories section. Plenty of stories in there for you.
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    MFP alone will not make you lose weight; however, it is a support system, a logging tool, and a wealth of information regarding healthy lifestyles. I started with the intention of gaining knowledge, and that's exactly what I did; as I saw how poorly I was feeding my body in my everyday loggings, I decided to be proud of what I logged instead and started eating more veggies, drinking more water, and exercising more. 35 days and 8lbs later I am almost 1/3 of the way to my goal! It may take me 70 days or more to get to my goal but the point is that the tools available on MFP support me in my efforts; but the effort has to be there along with the tools.

Good luck!! :-)
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Best thing I've ever done.
    Recording what I eat is so simple and planning meals using the tool is extremely helpful too.
    Buying a food scale and joining MFP is all I've done and I'm positive I'll reach my goal this way.
    The support from my online friends has been amazing and I really don't know if I'd have stuck with it without them.
    Go for it and best of luck to you :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    It has helped me lost 65+ lbs, mainly increasing my awareness and control over what I put in my body

I've lost 33 pounds for the same reason. That, and because someone told me to get a heart rate monitor the first week I was on the site, and ever since, I've also been able to keep track of how much I burn when I exercise. There are a bunch of great people on this site helping to motivate each other and sharing information.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    When I read your question I crinkled my forehead a little. Does it work? That seamed kind of odd to me. That seemed like the kind of thing you might ask a bout a pill, or a fad diet or even a weight loss plan. I don't think of MFP as any of these. To me, MFP is a tool to help you learn to make good decisions regarding your lifestyle and your weight. A website where you can find people how share your same struggles who will offer you support. A place where you can find inspiration form the stories of others. And a place where you can get answers to you questions and find the information you need to keep you on the path to a healthy life style. So, to answer your question "Does it work?", I would say that "it" doesn't work...you work and it helps you. You will get out of it what you put into it.

Congrats for getting started and best of luck to you!
  • tomphil
    tomphil Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks all for your reply it really helps
  • adamace1972
    adamace1972 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,,,I have tried most things over the years but always given up,,until I tried my fitness pal,it's been a wonderful tool for me,to see your calories there in black and white really makes you think before putting junk in your mouth,I have lost 52 pounds in 4 months using the app,I have no intention of stopping now ,just glad I found the app
  • bulka76
    bulka76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    wow 65+ lb wow!!! How long did it take u to lose all this weight? I hope u dont mind me askin -))
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    MFP is the only 'diet' that has ever worked out for me. Because I can eat what I want really. I still try to make healthier choices though.

I've lost 29lbs since 1st of January this year.....14lbs to go. But I'll stay on the site after I reach my goal, I love it.