Going on a cruise in a week!! Advice?

Options
2»

Replies

• 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Have fun! I went on a Carnival cruise last month. The gym is great - the classes were awesome! If you are interested, sign up early for the classes, they fill up quickly.
  • amandager
    amandager Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Best advice is just to enjoy yourself. On all of my past cruises I would come back having lost weight. There will be lots of options for you to choose from. Just be mindful and watch your portions like you would at home, you'll have enough time throughout cruise to sample different things. You will do so much walking as well to help. Have a year to wait for my next cruise, the Carnival Breeze. Have fun!!!
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Take me, I'll keep you on track!:laugh: Enjoy yourself! I agree with the person who said eat healthy all day and save your calories for the night. That way you are not eating a lot ALL the time. I also would watch the cocktails, or just have low-cal ones. Most important have fun and when you get back home jump right back into your routine.
  • SewManyBlessing47
    SewManyBlessing47 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just return from a 7 day cruise by Royal Caribbean, "Mariner of the Sea". Love it. Very nice ship. I had the same concerns but because you so use to eating health and small portions it just kept going. I still got full fast. Their was a very nice gym also. I worked out each morning w ith hubby. Was nice something we didn't get to do at home because of our schedule. Yes it was lots of food but had had a lot of healthy choices. Cocktail was not a concern for me so I did have that to deal with. I have so much fun. I enjoy myself, didn't worry about pounds. Had NO WEIGHT GAIN. Lol don't be afraid of buffets I look at it as more variety of choices. This new life change is not a diet. It will come natural. If you enjoy working out you will love doing it on the ship looking out at the beautiful water. I'm excited for you!!! I'm ready to go again. This was my fourth cruise. This one was my most favorite. It's a blessing so ENJOY!!!
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a cruise also in a week. I'm going to try to make the best choices I can and exercise but I'm not going to worry myself about it. I will just start back tracking when I return. Afterall, like you said, I'll be on vacation. I'm going on the "Oasis of the Seas" by Royal Caribbean. What cruise are you going on?

I was on the "Oasis of the Seas" last September. If you are looking for healthy options, there is a restaurant called "Solarium" (I think...) and their entire menu is healthy. It is recommended that you reserve ahead (a few hours notice should be suffice).

Thank you!
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a cruise also in a week. I'm going to try to make the best choices I can and exercise but I'm not going to worry myself about it. I will just start back tracking when I return. Afterall, like you said, I'll be on vacation. I'm going on the "Oasis of the Seas" by Royal Caribbean. What cruise are you going on?

I'll be on the Carnival Conquest! So excited

Have a wonderful time!!!
  • amylillian
    amylillian Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that if I go swimming, snorkeling, run around and just relax that I'll at least stay the same weight.
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'll be cruising with Disney in 2 weeks. Have already decided to work out hard now and be super conscious of my calories until then,because I plan to enjoy EVERYTHING including the exercise facilities and the food when I go.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Avoid the buffet at all costs! Choose the dining restaurants instead. They offer varied menus for the healthy conscience and the indulgent.

Keep logging your food, you'll be fine! I gained 2lbs on my cruise this January, pretty good, considering what I ate.

I hate jogging but not on the cruise! The air is so pure you can jog twice as long, it's amazing.