EGGS eggs eggs eggs

Options
foxyhotgal
foxyhotgal Posts: 79 Member
Anyone have any low carb ideas for eggs, the more interesting the better am getting bored of omelettes and egg salad!

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Boiled Egg and Asparagus is gorgeous
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Soften some red and green pepper with some onion in a frypan . With a quick blast of butter spray...Throw in some herbs, your choice....Then put in eggs, scramble...
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ashley67203
    ashley67203 Posts: 95
    Options
    For breakfast sometimes I'll have an egg taco - one or two fried eggs, one slice of cheese and a spoonful of salsa in a Mama Lupe low carb tortilla. It has 9 carbs total.
  • missismj
    missismj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A pouched egg? :D You can try oat and egg white pancakes. :P
  • mswn02
    mswn02 Posts: 38
    Options
    Pan sear deli sliced turkey with your egg whites
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Boiled Egg and Asparagus is gorgeous

<3
  • funky_stripes
    funky_stripes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Apple omlette some of the apples fried firstwith cinnamon sprinkled on it
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I LOVE eggs! When I was doing low carb, I fell in love with this recipe from lowcarbluxury... here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 lb. very lean hamburger
    1 small chopped onion
    4 slices crisp-cooked bacon, chopped in bits
    3 eggs
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/2 cup half-n-half
    8 oz. shredded chedder or swiss cheese
    garlic powder to taste (optional)
    White pepper

Brown hamburger in skillet with onion. Remove and mix in bowl with bacon pieces, breaking up any larger clumps with a fork or pastry mixer until you have a fine mix. Drain well of any excess grease and press into the bottom of a deep-dish pie pan. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Combine remaining ingredients in mixer bowl and whip well. Pour mixture over beef "crust" and bake 40-45 minutes until top is browned and "set." Cool 15-20 minutes before slicing. This can be packaged in Ziplocs or plastic containers for meals quickly microwaved over the next 3-5 days. (Does not freeze well, though.)

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any low carb ideas for eggs, the more interesting the better am getting bored of omelettes and egg salad!

Deviled eggs?

boiled, fried, poached
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

crustless quiche
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Frittatas made with leftover everything are always good.
    Also, those big old breakfast casserole things with the eggs and creamcheese baked in the oven with peppers and spices... then you slice it, pour a ton of salsa on it and eat.
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This was kind of described before by the fried apple and cinnamon in egg combination, but I second the cinnamon fruit filled omelette! My fav recipe can be found here: http://www.edibleperspective.com/home/2010/5/15/motto-for-the-day.html

9of191.jpg

I've written it below here too:

2 eggs
    2 tbsp milk (any kind)
    small pinch of salt
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/3 banana
    1 mango
    2 strawberries
    1 pineapple ring
    (or whatever fruits you want)

1. Cut up all fruit.
    2. Heat a small greased pan over medium/low heat.
    3. Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, + cinnamon in a bowl.
    4. Pour into pan and cover with lid or foil, until the eggs are set. You do not have to stir!
    5. Slide the omelet out with a spatula.
    6. Top with fruit + fold over.
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Savoury

Fishcakes; Blend fish and whatever vegetable is lying around/going off, add in your taste of spices, blend again, add egg/s blend again. make into patties then fry with light spray or bake.

Sweet

Pancakes; 2tbls of whatever you have oatbran/wheatbran/oats (oatbran least in carbs I believe), mix with 2-3 tbls low fat fromage frais, an egg/s, 2tbls sugar/sweetener, and flavouring - capful vanilla/cinnamon/nutmeg. You could also sub most dairy products with the fromage frais. Mix througly and then treat like normal pancakes altho be gentle with turning, and make palm sized for best results

Sauce

Hollandaise/mayo - egg yolk/s with ratio of 1:2 with fromage frais, salt and pepper, add reduced vinegar and mix throughly. Could add whites in as well although I'm unsure whether this is very safe for some stomachs.
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I guess you're only eating the whites. Try some quiche. Add mushrooms, onions and anything you want like asparagus. It's surprising how low the calories might be depending on what you add. I use grated parmesan cheese which is low. And yes I love eggs but rarely eat them now. Back when I was at 300 pounds I usually ate three every morning and no my cholesterol wasn't that high, just my weight. Good luck.
  • misterYummy
    misterYummy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    let me share this/ i know you said you're done with omelets but maybe this will gear it in a different direction. i've posted it to "Fitsy" but they've yet to develop that tool, so for now, drum-roll please:

OnionEgglet (a.k.a. "Lola") : Quick. Tasty. Cheap. If it was a woman her name would be "Lola"! i make this every morning i want my mouth to fall in love with me & so low-cal that you'll soon be doing calendar poses!!

Ingredients:
    2 eggs (sans yolk of 1)
    2 tsp lemon juice
    1/4 cup of low-fat cottage cheese
    1/2 cubed onion
    spray olive oil

Directions: Heat pan a little lower than medium. Cut half onion small cuts on the long, then on the bias to make cubes. Spray pan with olive oil the disperse onions evenly. Let cook to 65%. Reduce heat to LOW, add eggs to small bowl, losing the yolk of one, and whisk with fork. evenly form onions (now 70%) in circular formation then pour eggs atop. You may have to "warble" the pan to get a god even coating. Let cook 1 min then add tsp of LEMON (sing U-2 song/makes for a good day) and leave another 2 minutes. quickly flip omelet, add lowfat cottage cheese and 2nd tsp of lemon (singing optional here). 2 minutes to firm then fold in half, cover with lid, turn off heat and let set for a minute more. Let cool a bit then devour. Add your "Fitsy" entry of a mere 168 calories!

(have a picture but not sure how to enter that here) if you inbox i'll get it to you) Good Luck, EggHead! -ric
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This was kind of described before by the fried apple and cinnamon in egg combination, but I second the cinnamon fruit filled omelette! My fav recipe can be found here: http://www.edibleperspective.com/home/2010/5/15/motto-for-the-day.html

9of191.jpg

I've written it below here too:

2 eggs
    2 tbsp milk (any kind)
    small pinch of salt
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/3 banana
    1 mango
    2 strawberries
    1 pineapple ring
    (or whatever fruits you want)

1. Cut up all fruit.
    2. Heat a small greased pan over medium/low heat.
    3. Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, + cinnamon in a bowl.
    4. Pour into pan and cover with lid or foil, until the eggs are set. You do not have to stir!
    5. Slide the omelet out with a spatula.
    6. Top with fruit + fold over.

This looks amazing. I'm definitely going to have to try this. Any guess on the number of calories?