Can I achieve visible abs with my post-baby belly? (PIC)

Options
2»

Replies

• TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you everyone who has replied so far...I was expecting some people to be negative but all the advice I have gotten so far has been great and very much appreciated. Also, those of you who were able to post photos for me (including you mlgarcia, I went to your page) I just have to say that was exactly what I needed to see because you all look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Definitely more than what I was hoping for...I am a whole new level of inspired right now :D

Well no one should be negative. MFP is about support and we moms should support eachother!!
    HAWT! you look great!

Thanks...Back at cha!!! :drinker:
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    OK...I have 6 kids. Loose tummy skin and stretch marks. My stomach is not perfect, but a lot better than it used to be. Please excuse my before pictures..I did not like having my picture taken in a swimsuit.

These are me when our 6th child was one. I had NEVER kept this much weight on and was very discouraged at what I was left with....being 40 did not help matters either.
    Summer2010-2-1.jpgSummer2010-1-1.jpg

I got tired of looking like this January of 2011 and joined gym. Then Jan of 2012, I changed my diet and added other things.

Took these a could of weeks ago.
    4-27FC.jpg4-27S.jpg

You can go to my home page and see what I do. Good Luck sweetie!!

you look amazing :-)
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    Wow thank you everyone who has replied so far...I was expecting some people to be negative but all the advice I have gotten so far has been great and very much appreciated. Also, those of you who were able to post photos for me (including you mlgarcia, I went to your page) I just have to say that was exactly what I needed to see because you all look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Definitely more than what I was hoping for...I am a whole new level of inspired right now :D

Well no one should be negative. MFP is about support and we moms should support eachother!!
    HAWT! you look great!

I agree! It's just that before I decided to post my own photo I searched stretch mark threads from previous days and the responses were honestly kind of disheartening and sometimes just mean, like "ew, you just need to get surgery, you can't fix that". Which was a terrible thing of someone to say...but this thread so far has proved otherwise since everyone who posted "after" photos basically looks like a fitness model. Screw the downers!
  • whatiseenow
    whatiseenow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Gotta say, you're all pretty inspirational--I don't have any kids, but I look like I have!
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options

HAWT! you look great!

I agree! It's just that before I decided to post my own photo I searched stretch mark threads from previous days and the responses were honestly kind of disheartening and sometimes just mean, like "ew, you just need to get surgery, you can't fix that". Which was a terrible thing of someone to say...but this thread so far has proved otherwise since everyone who posted "after" photos basically looks like a fitness model. Screw the downers!

WOW!! Well there will always be haters!!! And they will hate you more once you reach your goal too!! :(
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    How old is your baby? It took me longer & longer to bounce back after each of mine (I have 3) and I still have loose skin and stretch marks on my lower belly. That's okay. It is what it is. Just keep working out, eating well, and doing your best. I think you look fantastic!
  • dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    OK...I have 6 kids. Loose tummy skin and stretch marks. My stomach is not perfect, but a lot better than it used to be. Please excuse my before pictures..I did not like having my picture taken in a swimsuit.

These are me when our 6th child was one. I had NEVER kept this much weight on and was very discouraged at what I was left with....being 40 did not help matters either.
    Summer2010-2-1.jpgSummer2010-1-1.jpg

I got tired of looking like this January of 2011 and joined gym. Then Jan of 2012, I changed my diet and added other things.

Took these a could of weeks ago.
    4-27FC.jpg4-27S.jpg

You can go to my home page and see what I do. Good Luck sweetie!!

You look fantastic! My stomach looks like your before pictures and I only have ONE kid! lol...There is hope for me afterall!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's possible. Just keep losing the belly fat. I have 2 kids (3.75 and 2.25 years old), and my abs is in myavatar.

ETA: There's still are fat to lose on my lower belly, and I am working on it.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yup you will get there. I have two kiddos and you can see my abs in my after =)