Anyone with defined abs?

Options
2»

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    errr---i'm at about 12-13% or so but i will never have ripply abs because it's just not the way I'm built. My stomach gets defined around 15% I think.
    Personal question. Are you still having your period?
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm at 13.8% and have visible abs. I've always had definition in my abs as I do not carry a lot of fat in that region of my body.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Depends, are we talking a "6-pack" or just a"abs"? I have "abs" but no, not a 6-pack and I'm probably 22% but my genetics dictate that my body fat is stored primary in my thighs and *kitten* and not in my stomach.

Mine is only a 3-pack abs (two small buns on the rib side & one bigger bun below the two) but nevertheless I feel proud of it.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    errr---i'm at about 12-13% or so but i will never have ripply abs because it's just not the way I'm built. My stomach gets defined around 15% I think.

nope, rather unhealthy.
  • gigishiree
    gigishiree Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i think generally its pretty low. but it also depends on where u store fat. my bf % is high but ive got the beginnings of a 4 pack
  • randall774
    randall774 Posts: 37
    Options
    currently, in this pic, im at 14-16% bf but want to go lower.

wana see the bottom two, but having once been 22 stone of lard, i have a bit of loose skin around the bottom of my stomach...

..so i may never get the full 6. :(
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

nope, rather unhealthy.

I heard that for reproductive purposes, we need a minimum of 16% body fat. Anything below than that is not healthy at all.

Also not all people are meant to have defined abs especially for those who store most of the fat in their stomachs. You can have a flat tummy without ab definition. If that is your genetics, then just embrace it & don't let your body suffer by going down than what is the minimum required by our body just to see some ab definition.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options

:noway: Your body is hot.... jealous!!!
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Having a six pack was my original goal, but I'll probably not ever see it if I'm being realistic. I'm at 20% bf right now, with a lot of fat still on my tummy. I don't want to go below 17-18% and sacrifice all my chest.

But as someone pointed out, just because you can't have a six pack doesn't mean you can't have a nice, flat stomach. My boyfriend also confessed that he would be a little freaked out if I had a six pack. I guess most guys prefer the curvy look over the athletic look. But at the end of the day it's not his opinion of my body that matters, so I'll stick to my current habits and embrace whatever body I get :)
  • TheOfficialEpic
    Options
    Mine didn't show until I was -2%.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

:noway: Your body is hot.... jealous!!!

thank you!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Having a six pack was my original goal, but I'll probably not ever see it if I'm being realistic. I'm at 20% bf right now, with a lot of fat still on my tummy. I don't want to go below 17-18% and sacrifice all my chest.

But as someone pointed out, just because you can't have a six pack doesn't mean you can't have a nice, flat stomach. My boyfriend also confessed that he would be a little freaked out if I had a six pack. I guess most guys prefer the curvy look over the athletic look. But at the end of the day it's not his opinion of my body that matters, so I'll stick to my current habits and embrace whatever body I get :)

i am aiming for about 20% body fat also but like others, i tend to carry around my stomach so we'll see where i get when i get there... i also dont' want to sacrifice my chest either. i am jealous of girls who still have boobs and also have flat noticeable abs... i guess i am not genetically designed for both.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Since I carry my fat in my stomach and chin, I will show around 8%. I am at 12% not with a small four pack. Damn lower abs, lol.