Running NSV

Options
petergarcia82
petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
I have been working on C25k for awhile and I have been repeating days so I finally decided to give the Week 5 Day 3 a go. I was thinking 20 minute run, I won't be able to do but I can at least see how long and far I can run. Well the only break I did was about 20 seconds to drop off my redbox movie but I did the full 20 minute run. It was one of my slowest runs but I still was able to do it for 20 minutes straight.

Replies

• Remarkable1
    Remarkable1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!! I just graduated from C25k this past weekend and there were many times I was not sure that I'd be able to do it during the program, but I did! Just keep sticking with it and listen to your body. Making those gains every week is so rewarding. Keep it up!
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    well done!! im on week 2! cant wait to get further on!
  • trollydollymolly
    trollydollymolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well done you!! It is such a fabulous achievement when you do it isn't it? I've just done W4D1 today and wasn't looking forward to the 5 min runs but I managed. Ok it's not like I've run a marathon but it is a huge milestone for me!

Keep up the good work - you should be proud of yourself!

Sue
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    HUGE accomplishment! Congrats! I did that run maybe two weeks ago and was equally shocked I did the whole thing!
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That is something to be proud of, good job!!! I know the feeling of running 20 min it is a good feeling...keep up the hard work!

I was you at this time last year, I am now running 5-10km a few times a week...keep pushing and see where you are in a year from now.
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    that is a great nsv, congrats :)
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    C25K graduate here -- YOU CAN DO IT....

congrats so far!! youll be bragging about finishing it in no time :)
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Keep up the good work.
  • FITFORT
    FITFORT Posts: 85
    Options
    That is awesome! And a great accomplishment! I began Week 5 today, so we are on a very similar track! Good luck! We'll get it done!!!!
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    well done, its how it begins, stick with it!!
  • beckyg101
    beckyg101 Posts: 30
    Options
    Yeeeehaaa! Well done!

there is no stopping you now! Keep going!
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! :) Keep up the great work!!
  • bholmes21
    bholmes21 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job!! :)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It was that 20 minute run that made me realize that I can do it, finish the program and eventually run a 5K. Great NSV!
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up!
  • petergarcia82
    Options
    Thanks all. When you go from at the most an 8 minute run to 20 you first think no way but then when you do it you feel like you are well on your way to tackle a 5k. Granted I have repeated days because I did not fare so well so this program will take me 5 or 6 more weeks than it's planned for but it feels great. I plan on running in a 5k by Dec. If I can keep it up I may be running one a couple months before.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I have an NSV moment Saturday on my run...I ran 19 out of 23 minutes!

Great work...keep it up!
  • petergarcia82
    Options
    Way to go! I have an NSV moment Saturday on my run...I ran 19 out of 23 minutes!

Great work...keep it up!

Same to you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!