Anyone Using My Fit Bit

Options
VanessaGS
VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
I just bought the thing and I wanna know how well it's working for you guys and what are your reviews. Is this pretty accurate? Please let me know your stories.

Replies

• EnthusedMeerkat
    EnthusedMeerkat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it...
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It's under the Tools tab. It's a tracker for your calories, steps, and sleep.
  • LadyPippen
    LadyPippen Posts: 59
    Options
    i have one, i like it, im not sure if its helping though
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    got mine on Friday. Very inspiring! Be careful though... I have to track an activity when I am in a vehicle because it adds steps... I guess my body is still too BOUNCY while the vehicle is moving!!!

The sleep feature is very cool too...
  • Chrisxytme
    Chrisxytme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I know someone who has it, he's lost over 40 lbs I want one myself just dont have the money.
  • lemasney
    lemasney Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just bought the thing and I wanna know how well it's working for you guys and what are your reviews. Is this pretty accurate? Please let me know your stories.

I have a fitbit ultra, and I really love it. It's tracking my activity, my sleep, and my stairs climbed. It's amazing.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have one....love it. I have not had an issue with added steps in the car.....I have seen a few added once or twice but the calorie burn has been negligible (within 10 calories for a 4 hour car trip).
  • Thechiplover
    Thechiplover Posts: 118
    Options
    I have one, i think i read somehwere that its about 96% accurate...the only thing i found funny about it is that if its sitting (not being used) the calories still goes up!! found that to be very strange.

But I do like it for doing how many steps I have done.
  • lauragoat
    Options
    I think it can help... last night (Sunday)... it was about 8:30 pm when I checked it and it said I had about 75XX steps for the day... since I kept the 10,000 steps in a day goal... I jumped on the treadmill and knocked it out...

Guess what! I'm below 250 for the first time! WooT WooT...110 pounds in the bag and gearing for 70 more! WE CAN DO THIS! Use it to inspire you!!!!!
  • lauragoat
    Options
    It's calculating how many calories you are burning while sitting down!!! So if it's not on you (sitting on the counter)... it thinks you are immobile!!! BOOYAH!!!
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Love it! It's mental but motivating! I love watching my numbers and "my flower" grow :)
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    i love mine! its the only thing that has kept me on the right track right now.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I have the FitBit Ultra and absolutely love it. I find that, for me, it is a great motivational tool. It really motivates me to move more and to work out harder.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I love mine. It keeps me motivated to keep up my activity and keeps me honest about my actual activity level ( I may have a sedentary job, but I am not sedentary). I challenge myself to keep bringing up my averages. I also feel like it is giving me a much more clear picture about what I do than when I was logging all of my individual activities.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have one and I like knowing how active (or not) I am. I'm not sure it's helping my weight loss efforts at all, but it's nice to see where I'm at for the day and it keeps me motivated to meet my step goals.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've got one and been using it a little over a month. I totally dig it. Seems pretty accurate when I compare it to my Garmin on runs as far as distance goes. I live in a hilly areas so it thinks I run stairs when I'm out... lol!
  • BGreetings
    BGreetings Posts: 3
    Options
    I've had mine for about a year. Really like it. The progress reports are very helpful.
  • Red7Basil
    Red7Basil Posts: 36
    Options
    I've had mine for months. I've lost over 35 pounds since Jan 2012. I think it is awesome and highly recommend it. It syncs to MFP and tracks all sorts of things. It is not a replacement for a heart rate monitor so keep that in mind. It will however keep track of your sleep patterns, the amount of stairs you climb, all the steps you take and you can enter your allergies too! I find myself wanting to move more to earn more badges (little rewards that fitbit gives) and compete with my friends that have a fitbit.
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit but it took some getting used to. It counts ALL calories burned based on the activity level you input the very first time you set it up. So... long story short it counts your calories for just sitting/breathing/existing in your total calorie burn for the day. For example, when I wake up, it counts about 400 calories burned, this is because my body has burned about that much from midnight on to when I woke up. Know what I mean? Sorry I'm a bad explainer.... :wink:
    I also make sure to make an acitivty log for each purposeful exercise that I do and I log that separetly into MFP, that way fitbit won't "double count" it and add it as a HGUE fitbit calorie adjustment when it syncs. I still get calorie adjustments thru the day though if I'm up and about a lot.
  • Antjebeth08
    Antjebeth08 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love it but I can NEVER get enough "stairs" in during the day!!!