1 Year on MFP - Lots of Pics

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
As a background, I have always been heavy - at least since I hit puberty. I have PCOS which caused very rapid weight gain once I hit puberty. I also have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I've tried losing weight before and short of starving myself, diet and exercise would work only for a short time. I very quickly would reach a place where I stopped losing, due to the insulin resistance of PCOS. About 12 or so years ago, I started taking Metformin. By improving my insulin resistance, I was now capable of losing weight. However, because of the YEARS of hard work with zero results, I had no motivation and never put in a real effort.

In January of 2011 we left for Korea to meet our youngest son. It was an AMAZING trip for the whole family. We spent over a week touring Seoul with our older two children (also Korean). If you've ever been to Seoul, you know you will do a TON of walking. And stairs. Lots of stairs in the subways. During that trip, I actually lost 6 pounds. When we got back home, I was on maternity leave for 3 months. Finn didn't sleep much so it was a blur of Mt. Dew and toaster waffles. Surprisingly, I didn't gain any of those 6 pounds back. In May 2011, I went back to work and decided it was time to lose some weight. I found MFP and started logging on May 4, 2011. I didn't take any real before pictures because frankly, I didn't really think this time would be THE time. You know what I mean.

But I really did make the effort. I was logging my food consistently and having cheat days several times a month. And I was losing weight. I continued losing weight through September but the weight loss started slowing. In October, I started using my treadmill again for walking. I started with 20 minutes of walking. I continued this routine for quite a while. At Christmas, I had some major setbacks. I have a HUGE cookie baking day every Christmas. While I was able to give away most of the cookies, I got a bad cold right after and spent nearly two weeks doing nothing but eating comfort food (because of my autoimmune issues, I don't get sick often but when I do, it's BAD).

Once January hit, it was time to get back on track. I won't lie, after two weeks of nothing, it was HARD. But I got back on track. I started the 30 DS at the end of January and after 9 days, got injured. That took me out for 1 to 2 weeks, but I continued logging my food. In February, I started kicking up my workouts and by March, I was starting C25K. In April, as I was continuing C25K (even though I frequently redo weeks, etc) I upped my calories a little.

I am currently about to start week 7 of C25K. To date, I have lost 50.5 pounds, and that includes the 6 I lost before I started using MFP. From my estimated highest weight (after my oldest son came home but while we were waiting for my daughter to come home), I have probably lost about 69 pounds. I have gone from a size 18W/20W (at my highest weight, I was a 22W) to a size 14, or even a 12 on the bottom, depending on the cut. I will continue, and ultimately hope to lose another 45 pounds. This fall, I hope to find time to start weight training. That will be harder because it's not something I have the equipment to do at home

A couple of pictures from my highest weight, years ago:
i-CcjNzpK-S.jpg
i-DprdD6t-S.jpg

A few pictures shortly before starting with MFP:
i-dhgHSQv-S.jpg
1178198615_ok29b-S.jpg
1180189620_QvF7J-S.jpg

And now, some afters! These are all very recent, but sorry for the poor quality! I think you can still see the difference LOL.
i-w8KrVdX-S.jpg
i-PtLBL2q-S.jpg
i-c7SzxLr-M.jpg

And some side by sides of the above pictures:
i-dhgHSQv-S.jpgi-c7SzxLr-S.jpg
i-CcjNzpK-S.jpgi-PtLBL2q-S.jpg

Replies

• Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You look great! keep it up! Amazing transformation!
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. I love your dress!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! You look amazing :) I also have Hashimoto's so I understand how difficult this journey is. Keep up the great work! Your children are beautiful by the way :flowerforyou:
  • mblampton
    mblampton Posts: 5
    Options
    Congrats!!! You really do look amazing - I'm so proud of you!! :flowerforyou:
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, and love the dress!!!!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Love the side by side photos , Congrats
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I was SO self-conscious in that dress (and will admit, from the side it didn't look fantastic LOL - I still have a big belly). People kept looking at me at the play we were at and I was thinking bad thoughts...then a lady came up and complimented me on my outfit. So maybe people weren't laughing at me LOL.
  • SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! You look amazing! That is a lot of hard work, you should be very proud of yourself.
  • angelique_inspiration
    Options
    Really great job, keep up the good work. You look great!
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Awesome, you look GREAT! Keep up the hard work you are putting in! This is so inspiring!:flowerforyou:
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and I love that dress.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous Mama, and adorable kids. :-)
  • ahernandez1914
    Options
    you look great i really needed to see this thanks so much!!! i also have pcos and im having such a difficult time with weight loss!
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Such a difference, you look great! Keep it up and thank you so much for sharing!
  • hoosier_red
    hoosier_red Posts: 57
    Options
    PCOS and Hashimoto's here, too, and it sucks donkey balls. But you've done SO well -- good for you!!!
  • svioleta
    svioleta Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep it up.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Such a great job. You're looking amazing :)
  • alilovesray
    alilovesray Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    AWESOME !!! Keep it up. That is what I hope to accomplish after one year. So far I am almost at my midway point of my goal. So MFP is a life changer for sure.
  • Red7Basil
    Red7Basil Posts: 36
    Options
    WOW! Great job!!!!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    There is a DEFINITE difference! and the dress in your after is simply stunning. Where did you get it??? ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!