How do you remember to take your vitamins?

Options
LindsayE007
LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
I have the best of intentions but 50% of the time I totally forget and I hate that. I need to make sure I take them everyday. I also don't want to leave them sitting out on the counter all the time, I like to keep the counters clear. Thanks!

Replies

• janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I do it when I brush my teeth.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Try putting a post it note on your bathroom mirror or put them in the cabinet next to the your toothbrush, you're guaranteed to see them and be like "Oh, I should just take this now".
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I put them right next to the *kitten* lotion.

Strike incoming?
  • SweetPickle007
    Options
    Well I am Diabetic and take meds for it so I just put it in the pill box with meds.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Same way I remember to eat.
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I keep them in my purse, so if I don't remember in the morning...then surely when I reach into my purse for my cell phone while at work, I'll see them and remember to do it then.
  • chloeelebeir
    chloeelebeir Posts: 130
    Options
    Maybe make a note for yourself on the refrigerator! When you go to make your breakfast, always grab your vitamins as well. You should always take your vitamins with food because that way you'll absorb your fat soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K). Hope that helps!
  • tara7302011
    tara7302011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I got one of the m-f pill holders. I pre fill it with my vitamins for the week. I sit it by the sink, and I take then with my protein shake in the morning... I had a hell of a time remebering, and this has solved the problem for me.. Good luck. :smile:
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i take them when i take my birth control and acid blocker (right before I go to bed)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Been taking them so long it just becomes habit. Part of setting the table for breakfast includes putting out the vitamins (the kids are well trained! :laugh: )
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Pill holder sits on top of the coffee pot and I NEVER forget my coffee. :wink:
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Pill holder sits on top of the coffee pot and I NEVER forget my coffee. :wink:

This.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I add them to my diary. That way if I've forgotten them I'll notice. I add my skin care routine too!
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i always forget. i should use some of these tips. these are great ideas!
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Always crave something sweet after dinner which is when I remember to take my gummi-vitamins, two birds, one stone kind of a thing
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have one of those "pill holders" A compartment for each day. I fill them all up Sunday night, then have it on the kitchen counter. I don't have to think about it anymore, it's a habit
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    put an alarm on your phone...pretty soon it'll just be natural. i know as it's what i had to do :)
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have them on my dresser next to my birth control - it's a major priority to take that, and then I see the vitamins too and just do it all in one go.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    yep. I put them in my makeup bag.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Just part of my morning routine. I make a smoothie for breakfast almost every day, and when I get the glass out of the cubboard, I fill it with water first to swallow the vitamins.

I used to keep the vitamins in the bathroom and take them before my morning shower, but weekends would screw me up if I woke up and didn't shower right away. I'd forget the vitamins later on in the day.