How do you remember to take your vitamins?

Options
13»

Replies

• saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I have a pill organizer. I've been using one since 08 since I was being put on a lot of medications that required me to take them 2+ times daily and there was no way I would remember them without being able to physically see if the slot for the day was empty or not. Luckily my prescriptions went to a one in morning, one in evening regimen so I just got a weekly AM/PM organizer that I put on my desk and put my vitamins in with them. It's just easier and I only have to bother with it once a week to restock it.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I take them after dinner. It easier to remember at night then in the morning for me. I'm also more likely to eat dinner than I am to eat breakfast.
  • rolley89
    rolley89 Posts: 13
    Options
    I do it when I brush my teeth.

Simple enough!!!!
  • heidihurl
    heidihurl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I always forget to take them! So.. lately I have been taking them at dinner.

I LOVE the idea of logging them into MFP! Will do so. Since I can't swallow pills I have the the gummy bear type which of course is a calorie.. that would work!!! Thanks for the idea!!!
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I put the bottle beside my deodorant in the medicine cabinet, so right after my shower I use both.
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have only started taking a few supplements again after several years of not taking any. I have often heard and read that it is best to take most vitamins after a meal so that they will be most effective. I generally take mine after eating supper (dinner). The easiest way not to forget is to put them on the table when serving the meal. Also, I record my vitamins in my food diary so that helps me remember as well.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have a case that shows the am pills and the pm pills so when i make my morning shakes i have the pill box out in front of the blender so i know to take them.
    And then i carry my pill case with me in my purse so when i have lunch i take the rest of the pills
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I keep them in the cabinet where my coffee cups are so I always see them! I also log them in MFP daily...
  • the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    I have to take meds 2x a day with meals and I could never remember if I'd taken them so I got a weekly pill container. Fill it once a week plus I started logging it too.
  • Jennfur2610
    Jennfur2610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I take them before I go to bed at night. I put them above the fridge, so when I get my water out I also remember to take my vitamins.