My demise!!!!

Options
Why is something that feels sooooo good my biggest issue??!! THE GYM!! As soon as I get there I feel better and I know if I keep doing it I will not only feel better but end up looking better thus the reason why we're all here... So I don't get why it is sooooo hard for me just to throw on the clothes and get there and get it done... :grumble:

Replies

• heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    <
    ditto :ohwell:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Every night before bed, I set out gym clothes for the nest morning, even socks! I stack them on my nightstand so I see them already laid out for me first thing in the morning. I get dressed as soon as I brush my teeth and so I think to myself "Well, I'm dressed for the gym, I might as well go!" :laugh:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    good idea toots! i am an evening worker outer, but a new boot camp is starting soon and they are offering AM & PM classes. wonder if i should attempt it....kinda scared!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. I like exercising, and I don't even have to go to the gym because I run outside, so I'm even worse!! My exercise only requires me to get dressed and walk out my back door. It is so hard sometimes, but it is so worth it. I find that by scheduling a little more than my 1200 calories a day makes me go. I'll put it at like 1300 and then I figure I HAVE to go because of that overage. You should try it...very persuading!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    good idea toots! i am an evening worker outer, but a new boot camp is starting soon and they are offering AM & PM classes. wonder if i should attempt it....kinda scared!
    [/quote
    Go for it!!! They are fun and you can work at your own level ! Remember that there will be others there who are in just the same shape as you! I love em!!
    vhuber
  • futurefitgirl
    Options
    BOOTCAMPS are wonderful! You will not regret it and it most certainly is NOT scary at all. It is fun, encouraging, and it strengthens you in so many ways! :happy:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    when i was a gym rat I packed all my work clothes in the car. If i changed my mind and didn't want to go I'd still have to go outside to get more work clothes. if I'm going to go outside i might as well go. that argument always worked for me.
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    BOOT CAMPS ROCK!! Do it. Don't be scared. It is hard work but the results are awesome. Sure somedays it hurts to walk, go to the bathroom or blink but you will see results which is so motivating. I am finishing my 3rd 6-week session and getting ready to sign up for a 4th. GO FOR IT!
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    BTW, my demise are those Choco Nana Milk Mixers someone posted on here. I know they are only 230 cals per serving but it's hard to have just one serving!!! Darn it.
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    I used to sleep in my running clothes, with my running shoes and socks right by the bed. That got me in the habit of being an early morning workout person. Some people are much better in the evening or at lunch time. Find your personal best workout time, and then make it a priority. After a while it will just be your routine.
  • toots99
    Options
    Koegl your dog is so cute!!
  • heather0mc
    Options
    BOOTCAMPS are wonderful! You will not regret it and it most certainly is NOT scary at all. It is fun, encouraging, and it strengthens you in so many ways! :happy:

oh yes! i guess what i should have said was...

going to boot camp in the MORNING is scary! :laugh:

not so much a morning person here. i like to sleep to the very last possible minute! :blushing:

i completed a boot camp a few weeks ago. it was GREAT! however, i went right back into old habits during our break and basically reversed everything i did, seriously :noway:

this new camp is cheaper, 5x per week, and about 5 minutes away, compared to 25 minutes away at the other. i am totally excited and i keep thinking i MIGHT just have to get up for the friday AM classes...

its GREAT to hear from others about how they feel about BC!!! thanks peeps! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • toots99
    Options
    Heather, where is the boot camp you go to?
  • heather0mc
    Options

i WAS going to one in downtown dallas by the farmers market. now i am going to one in sachse.

i bet you they have them in FTW too! you ought to try it - i personally NEED that kind of 'push'. too bad you arent over by me, we could totally go together. :ohwell: :flowerforyou:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym after I drop my son off in the morning and do my cardio. Then three days a week that I work out with my trainer I go back in the afternoon. Fun Fun
  • toots99
    Options

i WAS going to one in downtown dallas by the farmers market. now i am going to one in sachse.

i bet you they have them in FTW too! you ought to try it - i personally NEED that kind of 'push'. too bad you arent over by me, we could totally go together. :ohwell: :flowerforyou:

I need to check it out! I think I'd like that kind of thing. :smile:
  • heather0mc
    Options

I need to check it out! I think I'd like that kind of thing. :smile:

man, i was all excited that you MIGHT say you could do a boot camp with me for some reason.

BOO! OH WELL! really though, you ought to find one.

1st one i went to: 2x per week, 4 weeks, 1 hour sessions, $150 :noway:
    New one: 5x per week, 4 weeks, 1 hour sessions, both am & pm - you chose, $75 BONUS: she gives each person a meal plan to follow. :drinker:
  • toots99
    Options
    That new one sounds good! Is there like a website to check out and learn more about it? You never know, we might be able to go work out together! :drinker:
  • gizmohamster
    Options
    My motivation to go to the gym is when the cute fire fighters from the local station come to work out. They come in every day like clock work. A little eye candy never hurts when you are trying to find a reason to stay on the treadmill.
  • toots99
    Options
    My motivation to go to the gym is when the cute fire fighters from the local station come to work out. They come in every day like clock work. A little eye candy never hurts when you are trying to find a reason to stay on the treadmill.

There's a cute fireman that comes to work out every day in my gym too...with his girlfriend. :grumble: Oh well, he's still fun to look at! :laugh: