Low calorie drinks?

Options
2»

Replies

• dwightdegroff
    dwightdegroff Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Coffee and Tea are essentially calorie-free until you add sugar, cream, etc.

My non-water drink of choice has been coffee with 2 tsp of sugar(30 cal). Good luck!
  • ladyfacehead
    ladyfacehead Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you have Cumberland Farms in your area they have a great new zero calorie flavored carbonated water. The lime flavor tastes just like Sprite would and their Grape Flavor is JUST like Grape soda! They are only 88 cents too which is unbelievable!
  • jennib2002
    jennib2002 Posts: 23
    Options
    Mio or crystal light type pour ins....There is also the Hawaiin Punch brand pour ins for water that are sugar free and low calorie. I hate the taste of plain water so those help me drink the amount that I am supposed to plus some each day!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm a hater of artificial sweeteners. So I'll just get that out of the way.
    Just because a food isn't "yummy" doesn't mean it isn't essential. Drinking water is essential. I don't drink water for the flavor, I drink it because I need to keep myself hydrated. Just a thought, maybe a change in perspective will help.

I also really like unsweetened iced tea, and flavored sparkling water. I will say that eliminating soda (even diet) and fruit juice from my everyday life, I've kept 40lbs off for a few years now. Lifestyle changes are the ones that help you keep the weight off when the dieting period is over.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Water. Drink it.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Mio still has sweeteners in it though which really isn't that good for you. Also there's a bunch of other "stuff" in it. I get that it's "no calories" but IMO it doesn't seem to be any better than soda or crystal light.

I don't understand how you can not like water. It has no taste! I love the stuff and when I get tired of drinking it I drink my seltzer or I make lemon water. Try adding lemons to your water or make unsweetened iced tea to drink.
  • kasarin
    kasarin Posts: 82
    Options
    I've lost over 200lbs and am in a healthy BMI and I never gave up diet pop. I drink over a gallon of water a day, but I still have about 2 20oz bottles of pop. I know some say it is terrible, I eat very well and never, ever have alcohol. Pop is my vice :D
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 200lbs and am in a healthy BMI and I never gave up diet pop.

Okay, but diet has 0 calories so it wasn't exactly inhibiting your weight loss.

You drink 168oz of fluid a day, which is pretty unhuman... You could probably replace your 40oz of diet pop with whiskey and be fine :P
  • kasarin
    kasarin Posts: 82
    Options
    agreed! I have always drank a lot of fluid. I just never developed the taste for alcohol