Baby names

Options

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    My son's name is Aaron.

My daughters' names are Casey, Allison, and Bailey.

So I'm sort of partial to those names! :D

Aaron's good: strong, common but not quite "bob". Plus, puts it at the first of all lists, with that double "a"
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    boy name(s):
    Kyle
    Cory

girl name(s):
    Jordyn
    Karli
  • MelissaW1978
    MelissaW1978 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Maggie for a girl. Rocco for a boy. Our daughter's name is Maggie (which everyone loves her name) and we got talked out of Rocco for our little boy. We regret it so much now. We named him Connor because my mom didn't like the name Rocco. We really wish we'd stuck with it though. He's totally cool enough to pull off a cool name like that:-)

PS If Connor had been a girl, his name was gonna be Julia. It was my great grandmother's name and I think it is such a great name:-)
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Boys - Marshall, Jeremy
    Girls - Addison, Emilia
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I love the name Julia ~ and congrats!

Boy:
    Jack

Girl:
    Kara

(OK, fine Jack is my stepson, and Kara is my granddaughter, but I thought both those names go nicely with Julia) :)
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    this is my new granddaugher, Lilah Rose Grace

Aww congrats! Thats actually really close to the name I have picked out if I have a girl - Layla (or maybe Leila) Rose. I'll cry if I don't get to use it. lol
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    boy names: Garret, Liam, Noah, Michael, James, Oliver
    girl names: Olivia, Lilly, Sophie, Ava, Emily, Kylie

Congrats!

Teehee my name is Kylee :)
    Also my sister's name is Julia.
    Our other sister's name is Lexie, and my brothers are Devin and Ethan, if that gives any reference to sibling names that go together?

My personal faves:

boy names: Dexter, Jasper, Warren, Gerard, Remy, Otto, Arlo, Rowan, Rufus
    girl names: Romilly (nickname Millie), Penelope, Gemma, Florence, Maeve, Lottie, Etta, Elodie, Eloise, Emmeline, Milena

My first born daughter will be named something that can have a nickname of Millie because my great-grandmother's name is Mildred and she goes by Millie and she is a beautiful and loving person. Hence Romilly, Emmeline, Amelie, Milena.... one of those names :) OR just Millie straight out!

I love names :)

If you're looking for more name inspiration check out Nameberry.com -- it has information on every name and has a ton of forum boards with suggestions for names! And a lot of blog posts about lists like "if you like this name you might like this name" etc!

Good luck and congrats!!!
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have a reoccurring dream where I have girl triplets.....
    Isabel Marie
    Scarlett Grace
    Madeline Rose

Don't know if I want those if I ever have a daughter, but there ya go.
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    i have a boy and a girl. my sons name is daniel alexander and my daughter's name is annabelle rosario. ive always liked the name Marlo for a girl though, it's not a really common name
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have a reoccurring dream where I have girl triplets.....
    Isabel Marie
    Scarlett Grace
    Madeline Rose

Don't know if I want those if I ever have a daughter, but there ya go.

Oh! For boys...I love Harrison. It's my grandfathers middle name (and Dexter's son's name, and everything Dexter does is awesome)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    BOY : JONAH

GIRL: Chloe
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Boy names: Canyon ( i loved this name,but my husband hated it) Levi
    Girls names: Charlotte, Piper, Shelby

My kids names: Gregory Daniel
    Iszabelle Cheyennee
    Luke Robert
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Giving Your Kids a Creative Name

You'd Think...
    You want your kid to be special. There are a few million Daves, Bobs and Johns running around NOT being totally awesome and obviously it's all because of their boring-*kitten* names. So you decide to name your son something original, like Malcolm, Ivan or ****smash McIroncock.

But in Reality...
    You have just sent your flesh and blood straight into the middle of a massive man-rape in the prison shower. According to a study at the Shippensburg University, kids growing up with ordinary, popular names have a higher chance to become law abiding citizens, while all the unusually named ones should start deciding what state they want to commit their first felony in (friendly tip, skip Texas). The study lists the top 10 bad boy names in America as: Alec, Ernest, Garland, Ivan, Kareem, Luke, Malcolm, Preston, Tyrell and Walter, which we must point out are not the names of any serial killer or presidential assassin that has ever existed, so we're assuming the research is skewed in a certain direction.

Although, Steve Buscemi played a serial killer named Garland in Con Air, so we guess that's maybe half a point?
    The theory is that the additional attention garnered by odd and unusual names can cause peer ridicule and discrimination in the workforce, which tends to result in a few thousand Alecs and Prestons stealing toilet paper from the gas station. So do your kid a favor and give him a typical law-abiding, mentally stable name, like Michael.

Read more: 7 Things 'Good Parents' Do (That Screw Up Kids For Life) | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article/195_7-things-good-parents-do-that-screw-up-kids-life/#ixzz1uCu2TFfR

I have to fully oppose this comment. I can agree that very very strange names ("apple") comes to mind, can be weird and maybe a hindrance, but names that are unique or haven't been popular for a while but are still great names are crucial for individuality. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I am named Kylee. There is no other Kylee at my entire university and there was never another in any of my grade school classes. People remember me because I have a unique name. Maybe it gets pronounced incorrectly a lot, but I love being the only Kylee around :)
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My daughter's name is Gianna Marie, which I live

For boys I belive in very masculine names, but the kind that can b tough and smart

My oldest is named Nicolas

Wow. My youngest daughter is named Gianna Marie.

In order...
    Michelle Lee
    Gabriella Portia
    Nicole Elizabeth
    Gianna Maria
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad none of my children's names have been mentioned so far.

Me too.
  • tara7302011
    tara7302011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    sophia
    my favorite boy name...Connor
  • AlyiEli2017
    AlyiEli2017 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The names I love are : Girl : Michelle, Alicia, Ann or Anna
    Boy: McCray, Marcellus,
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Jack is a cute name!
    Any form of it for boy or girl.

I like creative names, my name is Allegra, it means cheerful in Italian (my family is Italian).
    It was annoying in high school when people made references to the medicine ( I was born BEFORE it was made). I really don't care anymore because I'm unique I don't have to go by Firstname A. vs Firstname B. I can be Allegra =]
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone! Generic/common names are the way to go! Can't have your child stand out, huh?

My daughters names are GiaMarie Jun and Ayano Sakarra.
    My future sons name with be Robert-Guy Shogun or Shogun Robert Guy. We aren't sure... HELL, Im not even pregnant or planning to be anytime soon. Hahah

But for suggestions I would say Daphne or Mae. Or both! For a girl, i have no idea for boys names. \My sons will just be my husbands name.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm a traditionalist. If it's a boy, name it John Jr!